dante

Mar 24, 2004
here's a flyer http://www.district37ama.org/offroad/calendar/jun05/05meltdown.jpg

The weather is going to be perfect

http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/weekend.html?locid=USCA0649&from=search

high of 80 on saturday, and 74 on sunday... very unseasonably cool!!!! It actually gets chilli err almost freezing (like 40-44) at night up here right now... With the weather so perfect might as well go ride people!!!! red sticker frendly too!!

I think I'm going to go out and just roll the thing, take it slow follow the ribbons... anyone else going?

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I was thinking the same thing - this may be the last cool weather we have for a while.

What's the deal with Dual Hare Scrambles - do you have to race both days to place, or is each day scored individually?

dante

Mar 24, 2004
holeshot said:
I was thinking the same thing - this may be the last cool weather we have for a while.

What's the deal with Dual Hare Scrambles - do you have to race both days to place, or is each day scored individually?

I don't know, I was wondering that also...

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
That event is next weekend (June 11 & 12). :bang: Looks like I'll keep looking for something.

dante

Mar 24, 2004
holeshot said:
That event is next weekend (June 11 & 12). :bang: Looks like I'll keep looking for something.

whoops jumping the gun a little... I guess perhaps it will be the annual "meltdown" next weekend...

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
There's talk it may start to cool down again on the 9th, keep your fingers crossed, last year it was over 100 and the year before it was around 110 and we lost a 21 yr old racer to heat.

It's that time of year that, no matter where you ride, drink plenty of water, before, during and after

taksx

Oct 7, 2004
Each day is scored individually ;)
I'll be out there on sunday. last race of the first half of the year.

Eddie. :cool:

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I think as long as you have your Dist. card, you sign up as a PP'er, but, you will not get any points

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Ok I have my District GP card and dont want to pay for a desert card so if I do head out there Ill be doing the pie plate method. Man I wish I didnt have to help move a friend Sat otherwise Id do both days.

However, my daughter and son are talking like they may want to race too. If thats the case, I may have Chase Dad duties this weekend. The women race the same time as us old guys so that not a problem tagging along behind her. However the son will be on his CRF250 in a totally different time slot. Im thinking It might be a busy weekend for me one way or another.

dante

Mar 24, 2004
I went out there and rode saturday and sunday at the butes... The weather was perfect, and a little windy to keep the dust clear...The corse looks like it's going to be super fun!!!! I won't be competing because I busted my rear brake off and I have to order parts... So I ran the corse, and it was allot of fun... Too knarly for no rear brake though!!!! Very technical through the butes and a few good sized drops, and then has some sandy whooped areas to bomb... It's pretty short though don't know if it's gonna be longer but that may be a good thing with the heat... Since Im not competing I ran the thing like four times both ways, it was a blast, you guys should go if it's not too hot...

dante

Mar 24, 2004
Thanks for the offer steve but how would you go ride if you loan me your brake, thats very nice of you!!!I I busted off the entire holder assembly, the actual brake is not damaged though... It's $96.00 bucks, not too bad I guess... I'm going to go down to chappral and see if they have one, or order it... After breaking the brake I ran the corse for fun and that's against AMA rules to "pre-run" the corse so I disqualified myself...

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I'll probably be out there Sat riding 50 novice. Hope it's not too technical. :yikes:

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Raced with my daughter on the Sunday A course. It was fun although I couldnt have been more dead last off the starting line. Heck the daughter had me by 20-30 bikes by the end of the bomb. All I can say I didnt see to much of the first lap because of all the dust. The race took you through some single track rock section that was a complete bottleneck if you got a lame start. There was a rock drop off section that I thought for sure would bite several people during the race. From what I had heard it did too. After that was the wash that I saw ate a few peoples lunch and then the whoops back to the finish area. After seeing and stopping for a few of the older guys like myself that swapped and hit the ground, Ive become a true believer in steering dampers. I dont care for them in the GP's but the desert races are an absolute must now that Ive seen some hard faceplants first hand.

All in all it was a fun race. A lot of dust but a ton of fun for me and the daughter.

Top Bottom