Buzz Bomb

May 9, 2000
I picked up a bottle of this stuff after previously hearing about it on DRN. That was a while ago if I remember right. Anyway, I am a little skeptic how the recommended one ounce per quart of water will keep the water pump lubricated and keep the seals from leaking. Anyone have any long term use to inform me about? And finally, how many degrees should I expect to drop if using this stuff? My bike is an 01 CR250.

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
I've used Water Wetter for several years. I used it in my WR250 and now in my GasGas 200! In the WR I used to boil water out during slow speed runs in the desert. Not sure how many degrees it droped the temputure, but enough to not boil out! With the GasGas I can't tell, because the radiators are off a KTM 400 thumper and they do an EXCELLENT job of cooling the bike! Plus I have a small water catch tank to collect any water that might boil out. I've NEVER seen water in the over flow tank.

Unit74

Dec 16, 2001
The WW is not suposed to save your pump or seals. It is a surfactant that seperates, to some degree, the water molocules allowing better adheasion to the metal surfaces, thus better heat exchange.

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by Unit74
The WW is not suposed to save your pump or seals. It is a surfactant that seperates, to some degree, the water molocules allowing better adheasion to the metal surfaces, thus better heat exchange.

It also contains corrosion inhibitors. I've used it for a couple of years now and it has been very effective at reducing boil-over.

xler8250

Jul 27, 2001
All I use in my bike is Water Wetter and distilled water. I use about 1/3 of the Water Wetter bottle in the whole cooling system. Haven't had a problem yet.

Unit74

Dec 16, 2001
Originally posted by xler8250
All I use in my bike is Water Wetter and distilled water. I use about 1/3 of the Water Wetter bottle in the whole cooling system. Haven't had a problem yet.

Have you contacted WW about this? Not sure, but "Yet" could be an expensive variable!!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom