gorp

Nov 19, 2005
Hey Bob, I haven't... yet. I've only been riding one weekend so far around the Crested Butte area (7000-9000') and I didn't notice it running too rich. I will be making a much longer trip this weeken at higher altitudes that will probably make me change my mind but at the moment it's been good.

gorp

Nov 19, 2005
craig_enid said:
Bring home some pictures, dangit!

Craig, this is one ride I wish I had a camera with me. We went 75 miles on Saturday through some incredible CO singletrack. The guys I went with snapped some pics along the way so I'll see if I can get them posted for you.

Amazingly, the bike ran pretty well at altitude... Makes me wonder if I'm running on the lean side in Stillwater.

How's are the conditions at the 500? Looks like it's been hot!

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
gorp How's are the conditions at the 500? Looks like it's been hot![/QUOTE said:
We have gotten rain but it has been too stinkin hot to ride.

It was 90 degrees at 11pm last night!

I hope your comfortable in Colorado. I hate you! :yell:

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
"ill send you a dvd of our latest adventure in moab"...
Got it, Thanks!
That soundrack sounds kinda MX'y.... :)
With the hot weather, that sure looks inviting! Riding without copious amounts of sweat... :(

gorp

Nov 19, 2005
DWreck said:
It was 90 degrees at 11pm last night!

I hope your comfortable in Colorado. I hate you! :yell:

Crested Butte, high of 75 tomorrow!!! :yeehaw:

I'll be joining you in a couple weeks, stay cool!

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
It's Wednesday, 5pm and 107 degrees. Weatherbug is predicting 109 for tomorrow.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I'm planning on a trip to the 500 this Sunday if anyone else wants to meet up. earlier the better. As to Craig playing tennis, I feel your pain. Seems to be a favorite hobby of my other half. I am waiting for our Colorado trip in August. For jetting, we went 2 steps in on the 4 strokes (main jet), and 4 to 5 steps on the 2 strokes. The majority of our riding was done from 6000 - 12000 feet.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Psst OU boy, the 500 is in hostile territory!

BOOMER SOONER!

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
OkieDaWan said:
Psst OU boy, the 500 is in hostile territory!

BOOMER SOONER!

Sooner smooner! That root that broke your foot was nurtured by the OSU Forestry department, saw the red bike and attacked. :)

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
dwreck, it isnt that I dont like you, it is just that the 500 is probably even worse than Draper with little or no moisture. I'm probably a little intimidated by everyone getting new scooters lately. hope my old dog can keep up with all of the new, expensive, euro stuff you guys seem to be purchasing. Craig, Don, anyone riding sunday? Gorp, as to where in Colorado, we are staying in Pitkin the whole week. Not sure what day we will head to the Taylor park area, although it is definetly in the plans. I hope to ride some single track, but that may be limited as this trip is a family one.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
'Snake-eyez' Dwreck will be awol, but I'll be there on the distinctly non-euro KDX.
Just talked to Schultz, he was planning on riding tomorrow, I've tried to get him to switch to Sunday. Find out later.
Gorp, we've had a cold front move through, will drop the highs into the 90's.... we hope!

xxBLAZExx

Jun 18, 2006
WOW NOW!!! :pissed: ...I root for anything and everything BIG XII! (BUT MY BLOOD RUNS CRIMSON) :cool:
------------------GO BIG XII----------------------

toyotadad

Feb 10, 2006
We all went out to the 500 last Saturday morning at day break. The conditions were exactly the same as the enduro except the muddy spots were standing water (nasty smellin, just ask Guy) and the temp were about 10 to 15 more than tomorrow. It was dust free and fast. But I would imagine alot can change in a week of these slightly warmer temps we had. Send a post on how it turns out tommorrow.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
howd ya like the hand lineing the bikes down that nasty bit o rock? there was a picture of rose garden hill and im telling ya there was no justice in how steep, nasty, and long that thing was.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
I know that if it looks nasty on video, I don't wanna go there!
3-D video would be great..... maybe some day.

Top Bottom