Rider From Roseville, CA Killed in Crash

Red Rider 53

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2003
It is awful to hear of this happening to anyone anywhere. But this really hit me because this rider was killed at a track called Mammoth Bar OHV in Northern California. This is where I always go to practice. There werent any races going on, the rider was just out recreationally riding with his sons down at the track. The track is right beside the American River. The rider flew off of one of the berms 150ft into the river. He broke his neck and drown before anyone could get to him. His sons witnessed the tragedy.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Okay... there is way too much of this going on.

Goodspeed.

ironworker

America since 1908
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2004
I ride there often myself, I can tell you that the water is so cold this time of year that even if you were in the river for more than 5 minutes without a broken neck you probably would never make it out.

atleast 10+ people drown right there every year in front of there kids, wifes and husbands.
Its truly tragic that anyone especially a kid would have to watch a love one die right in front of them.

That track is a great place to ride, its in one of the nicest areas in all of California.

God Speed.

Richard.

Speeed

Proud American
Jul 4, 2004
Okiewan said:
Okay... there is way too much of this going on.

I thought the same thing when I read the thread title.

I wish his family strength and I'm sorry for their loss.

Top Bottom