bnichols70

Sep 23, 2004
Hi guys:
I have been taking my son to Camp Gruber, and riding the small "track" there, to get him accustomed to riding a new bike (moved from a PW50, to a TTR90), and he would like to try somewhere different, and the trails are way to technical for us at this point. Any place else to go in the immediate area, where I don't have to worry about getting ran over, and still really easy? We are in Pryor, planning DW05, but I want him more prepared. Ideas? Ideally, anything within an hour of here,as we don't ride but for a few hours, so I can keep the interest level up, and going to Stillwater seems a little far for 3hrs riding.

Billy

AssistSuper

Apr 4, 2005
I'm originally from Muskogee...I'd definately say Gruber isn't exactly beginning friendly with the massive amounts of rocks.

I've been out to Hopewell before. We accessed it from Hancock in Muskogee in Gooseneck Bend.

I've always been a little weary of that place. A lot of crazy things have happened out there, and there are a lot of KKK and satanic things spray painted on the sidewalk.

My buddy has a friend who went out there riding his four wheeler and his truck was shot multiple times while he was riding.

It's not bad riding though. It's really wide open, there's a lot of guys that take 4 wheel drive trucks/jeeps out there.

There are a few trails at the river over just off highway 69, not many, but you can always go play on the sand.

I've heard there are some fun trails over by the Verdigris, but I'm not sure how reliable the sources are.

I had my first experience at the 500 this past weekend and it was a blast. Definately worth the trip if you want to make a day trip out of it.

Top Bottom