Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Hey Guys. I just found out that my daughter is in a play that weekend but I'm only going to the Friday night showing so I can get to Baldwin Saturday morning. Anyone planning on arriving on Saturday? Hey I know it's 2 months away but I planned my remodeling job around this ride and then I find out about this play!:think I think I can be on the trail by 10:00AM Sat.

Is anyone planning on riding both Sat and Sun?
Who plans on staying over either Friday or Sat night?
C'mon spring!!!

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
First Weekend In May

Hey, me and a couple of friends are planning on going riding the first weekend in may. We are planning on riding at Bull Gap and its corresponding trails. I think that we are staying at MAC lake camp ground. We are also thinking of going to some other well know areas that weekend(extended starting on a thur.) like Wolverine. I just wanted to put that out there and invite anyone who may want to join. thanks...

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Hey Asrith...

I may be really interested in the early May trip. I don't know of any areas to ride, as I'm am just getting back into riding after 17 years. Picking up a new KDX 220R the end of March. My buddy bought one last fall. I'm going to look at a used 6x15 enclosed trailer this weekend. Not sure if I really need it or would use it though. All of my riding experience was out the back door of our family cottage near Grayling, so I'm new to the whole trailering/camping/motel deal.

I spent many years riding in the 2,000+ acres northeast of Grayling back around '78-'85. Wide open, awesome trails. You could ride for months and not get bored. We used to sneak into the top of some mountain ridges and watch the jets come through and bomb for target practice. It was, and as far as I know, the army's playground. I'd really like to find out how "open" this area is to dirt bikes now.

I just ordered a handful of DNR ORV trail maps. I'll try and look up the areas you mentioned.

- Bill

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I'm hoping to be there !

I'm tring for fri/sat/sun I'm hoping for both boys this time.:cool:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Rites of Spring - May 4 & 5

At this time, I am planning to make it a three day trip. I will do some riding in the Lincoln Hills/Caberfae area on Friday, ride most of the Big O on Saturday, and see what happens on Sunday. Fred are you bringing the Shag mobile? Is the 7' bunk available for Saturday night?
Mike

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
SHAGGY WILL BE THERE

Mike, Sat night the big bed is yours! I'm hoping to leave BC early Sat morning and get there so that I can ride by NLT 10:00 AM depending on the tech inspection line up. I hope you don't mind waiting for me considering some big guy on a KTM made me wait last year while he was stuffing his face at his Aunts House. :p

Any hold overs for Sat night are invited to "Fred T's Mess Hall" for some Monster Burgers I'll be grilling.

Last edited:

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
so are we going to have a DRN MI trail rider section?

when we line up the campers? Fred, aaron was asking about the burgers! as alway's I can bring a big ol bag of charcoal. F/S your itinerary sound very intresting. I'll be taking off around 3pm or so on fri. :)

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Re: so are we going to have a DRN MI trail rider section?

Originally posted by 70 marlin
when we line up the campers? Fred, aaron was asking about the burgers! as alway's I can bring a big ol bag of charcoal. F/S your itinerary sound very intresting. I'll be taking off around 3pm or so on fri. :)

Yep! Aaron can have a burger. Save me a camping spot for my RV and trailer when you get there. I'll be there early Sat.
FT

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
bright eyed & bushey tailed?

for so early on a monday. will do if I can. F/S if you need I should have a spare bunk for friday night if you need it.

Last edited:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Marlin,
Thanks for the offer. I have an aunt and uncle who live in Ludington. When I go to the Rites I always spend one night at their house (Friday night). I will be at Whiskey Creek on Friday afternoon to sign up. I'll keep an eye for you.
Fred, you can be sure I'll have a big breakfast on Saturday morning (in Ludington). I may even have time to take a nap before you get there on Saturday.
Mike

Kawierider

Jun 7, 2001
hey all

hey,

As long as your talking about the ccc rights of spring i will be there....I will probabley arrive friday night at whiskey creek. ill be with my dad and probabley my uncle....stop by ill be in a green dodge ram van, and a red dodge ram van with a "Throttle Jockey" decal on the back....ill be riding an Rmx.
Im glad there are some other riders from the ccc on drn...for awhile i htought i was the only one.
Tim :D

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom