DougTx

~SPONSOR~
Oct 5, 2008
Hey guys,

I took my bike out to Trophy Club today and rode. Since it was 24 years since I was on a dirtbike I rode in the beginners area for a bit just to make sure I remembered what side the clutch and brake were on. It was fun, I moved up by the "C" area and rode some trails in there too. I accidentally got into some Expert only area and got into some stuff I was more than a little freaked on but make it through. All in all it was a great time. There are some people out there that really should not be from a safety/common sense standpoint. I coulda' swore I saw Darwin peeking out from behind the trees a few times winking at a few folks :)

Anyway I am going to take a little time to get 100% comfortable but I got the whole bike off the ground a few times and had a blast. Only down once and as predicted it was a low/speed bury the front end affair that left me a little dusty but none the worse for wear.

Hope to see some of you out there. I will probably run Trophy Club a few more times to get happy cause it is near home, but then will venture out further.

Hope you guys rode and had a good time...it was really nice out.

Doug in TX

jackflack44

May 3, 2008
sweet i've been wanting to go ill have to hit it up next weekend

sentrek

Oct 4, 2008
Cool, sounds like good times. I just got myself a bike, its been about 14 years for me since i have really rode. I am still looking for someone to ride with because i dont really wanna ride by myself but at the same time i dont want to not ride either. Let me know if you be interested in meeting up out there sometime. I would really like to check it out.

Mike W.

TCParks&Rec

Oct 3, 2008
Doug glad to hear that you made it out to the park to ride. There are definitely some people that should not ride at the park since they do not want to follow rules or respect other people. Unfortunately we do not have the man power to have it staffed at the front gate as well as within the trail system. However we are currently looking at getting a volunteer group together that could help patrol the trails and do some maintenance on work days and in return get some free visits out of it.

Hopefully I can get out there in the next day or so and get all of the signs placed back where they need to be and get some of the new ones I have put up so that people know exactly where they need to go.

DougTx

~SPONSOR~
Oct 5, 2008
Trophy Club

Terry,

I had dropped you an e-mail but would be glad to help out on a volunteer day. Chance to help out withthe park and also to get to know the place a little better. Big changes and improvements since 24 years ago!

Yeah not sure what to tell you about with the crazies. Saw Trophy Club police down in the beginner area at 1 point on Saturday and that was nice to see. There were some really agressive older kids and adults who kept coming in there (I was in there but had to pull over most of the time to let the little ones past me, they are pretty good!.. I even got some tips from a 7 year old on a serious looking KTM with full matching gear... he was such a cool kid)

Anyway let me know when and where and if I can get time I will be there. I have a full size Silverado 2500 with extended bed it that helps also for the cause.

Thanks again.. keep up the great work on the park, it is nice to have something this close to home.

Doug in Dallas,Tx

Top Bottom