bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Well, we have had quite some debate on here about a special cable that doubles the rate of a throttle cable- well you cant buy them.

During this debate, a DRN member Steve Lewis mentioned that he has a product that can do the same- basically a replacment throttle tube that increases the rate of pull- indeed, he also has slower throttles for trail/woods riding, and a 4 stroke tube that has a lower rate to begin with that transforms into a faster rate as the throttle is opened.

racing a 125 means you want that sucker held open as much as possible, and this has been one thing ive striggled with when trying to keep my little bike up in the revs! Steve kindly sent me one of his fast throttles to test.

I really like it, the tube is well made from a special? nylon type polymer, Steve machines the inner ID of the tube about 0.5mm larger than stock so it feels a bit loose, but tightens up well with cable tension- i think it is slightly larger so it wont bind up if filled with dirt after a crash- Steve explained that the polymer he uses is essentiall unbreakable. the tube fits well and the throttle movement is nice and smooth- overall travel was about 10-15 % less than stock- this doesnt sound a lot, but it was a lot better on the track, i could get on the power much easier without having to overgrip the throttle as much. the only thing was it left me wanting more!!!! ie an even quicker pull, but any more would be pushing it with respect to the throttle outer housing.

two thumbs up! :cool: :cool: Thanks Steve.

http://www.rollonthrottle.com

elf

Jun 7, 2003
Hey Bruce, thanks for the info. I ordered one today. I also ordered the subtanks, you know ktm suspension needs all the help it can get. Jer over at mx-tech wont be happy about me using cheap enzo knockoffs but oh well. Now that I have my motor running good I need somthing else to tinker with.

Top Bottom