super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Not really, I was at the race and I saw that Shawn, who I wasn't lucky enough to know, was down in this rhythm section. I saw the EMT's working on him for a few laps, then the fire truck showed up I thought that was odd. After the race the people pitted next to us said that he was dead, I didn't believe them and no one said anything about it when we were up looking at the results. It's awful.

xsnrg

Jul 20, 2004
That is very sad news.

Please, everyone with a family... (this quote is from the website link above)

"We all know the dangers in racing motorcycles but we never think we are going to get any more than bangs and bruises, this is why this is so devastating to all of us. We want to offer from Valley Dirt Riders and on behalf of all our riders our sincere heartfelt sympathy for Shawn’s wife Amanda and his family. We are starting a memorial fund for Shawn on behalf of his wife Amanda to try and help her through this tragic time."

I don't know any of the particulars of this case, but it is a time for everyone to think about what would happen to our family if we X ourselves out for anyreason. We all do know the dangers, and IMO, if you have a family, you have no business being on a dirtbike unless you have enough life & disability insurance on yourself to take care of them in the event tragedy should strike. Friends, family, and community can donate extra $$, but hopefully we don't leave them in a financial bind to begin with. (no, I don't sell insurance...but we did recently lose somebody who did not consider his family enough to buy even a small policy to get them through a year or two).

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
super rat said:
After the race the people pitted next to us said that he was dead, I didn't believe them and no one said anything about it when we were up looking at the results. It's awful.
I can't begin to imagine what that would have been like. News like this sucks.

Godspeed.

Top Bottom