CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Let's hope the weather guys are right about this coming Saturday. I know a lot of you won't be able to ride Sunday so we're going for Saturday. Get your bikes ready!
As always 10am ready to ride Burma Rd. I should be bringing the video cameras and looks like Rob Magura will be joining us after coming back from his trial bike riding school trip. I saw the video, pretty cool stuff but they have nice smooth rock out west unlike the tomb stone jagged edge stuff we love on the east coast.

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
I'll be getting off a night shift, but I should be there. I'll be up at Lost Trails on Friday either on the 4 wheeler, or out on the bike. No hardcore riding though, going up with my dad and his older buddies on quads.

Last edited:

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Will feel like a spring ride!

Just checked weather and it's looking real good for Saturday. I'll be mounting up new tires on both bikes today so who's thinking about riding? Jason are you coming this weekend or is that todo list too big for you again? Home ownership sucks sometimes doesn't it? Much eaiser when you just complain to a landlord.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Tomorrow

Well as of right now it looks like... Buddy, Dror, Brad, Steve, Derrick, Andrew, Rob, Gordon and maybe Darrell if he can break away from the family at least for the early part of the day hope he pulls it off. Wait forgot about Jason with his definite MAYBE. Sounds like a great group and we should be able to cover some good stuff. Id like to start on the other side of Berma Rd and see where we wind up.
Jason just called he's coming now we just need to here back from Darrell and Randy

Last edited:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Great freaking day of riding. What a season opener! I'm still sore. Gotta get back in shape. We had 8 riders heading out in the AM at 10. Derick and Daryl headed out around 1 and we ran into Buddy and Drarw (sp?) out on the single track later. We were all fairly tired and just about out of water and they were just getting started since they came much later. A few more rides and I should be in good enough shape to head out for a second session. Andrew looked like he could ride some more on the plush new WR 250. I got to ride it a bit on the coal on the way back in, I want to give it a spin in the trails though. It seems very nice and smooth right out of the box.
I really fought my big Dubya's front all day with my GPR wiped out and my tires are looking lean. The trials front tire was a handfull in the semi wet loam and running water trails with the black stink mud.
Gordon roosted a few of the guys right off the bat early in the day so I had him set up dead to rights in that black muck with my rear wheel planted in a hole. I waited for him to get in range, I think I saw the fear in his eyes at the last second when I turned , smacked the gas and dumped the clutch! You know that darn 1/2 whooped trials tire just bit and dam near launched my bike out from under me! :yell: . I think I got him a little bit as I saw some black mud on his number plate. He tried to get around me in that wet section but I herd him hit it and skied out of the trench I was in to beat him to the choke point by a 1/2 bike for the block.
It was nice to meet Rob, I thought we were going to be picking him up all day when he blew the silt hill in the play area and tossed his bike 70 feet into the first single track on the first wet rock. He adjusted quick and picked up the pace. That one real long section (Daryls trail) he was just pulling away from me a few yards a minute. I could still see him but I knew I could not catch him unless he got tired or made a mistake. That's a long section. He got stuck on the first climb on it though. That bike just does not seem to want to climb for him. He asked me to video him with his camera on the coal hill climbs at the end of the day and don't you know he boned it both times! ON Camera! Oh the shame. Daryl road great as always too. That REAL long section off the fire tower that I like, we got by everyone and just kept the pace. You gotta pace yourself on that one, it just keeps getting harder and harder as you get more and more tired. I looked back and he was right there, but he did yell up to me to pace myself since everyone else was hung up and out of earshot :nener: Rob tried a trials move to go over two downed trees but it did not work out for him. I think if he loads a trials tire on the back he could be dangerous but no one tell him ok? :p
Speaking of tires, ehhh hem! And what happened to the cameras? It would have been a great day for them.

dhunts

Mar 7, 2010
As always Gordon led a great ride.Brad was smoother than ever,(effortless).Jason was liquid smooth,(scary). Must have been all that pre-ride prep.Derricks always under the radar.Another great day at the best enduro single track sections to be had,Reading Anthracite. Darrell.

rageracing

Jul 9, 2009
Felt good to be back up on the mountain. I was beat before the day ever started with all that was going on this past week. I can't make Sunday to ride so I was going to try and go up Saturday. Let me know if this can work with anybody.

Derek

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
In case you haven't noticed...The last couple of rides have been on Saturdays. Steve is trying to get me to ride both days this weekend. Let's see what the weather brings. I might want to dump my Jet skis in the water on sunday

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
I'm working dayshift on Saturday, so Sunday works better for me but I might have to head to Brandonville to help my buddy cut some single track for the Moonshine...

Top Bottom