Shock oil Change. Compresion not working?

Dino Y

Sep 17, 2003
I have changed my shock's oil (yz450 09)
Did everything correct( I think ...).
The shock's pressure is only 30psi didn't go to shop yet to put nitrogen.

Question 1
Before i put the spring on Tried to compress the shock using my body's weight. (goes down and then it extends it self.)

Went about 14 clicks in the rebound adjuster just to test it and it does rebound harder but its much harder to compress too. Isn't the rebound adjuster controlling only the rebound of the shock?

Question 2
went all the way in of the compression adjuster and I don't feel any difference. (maybe a very small).
Is this how it is supposed to work?

Has anyone tried this?
Did i do something wrong ?

waiting for your help guys ):

kawamaha

Mar 16, 2005
Dino Y said:
Question 1
Before i put the spring on Tried to compress the shock using my body's weight. (goes down and then it extends it self.)

Went about 14 clicks in the rebound adjuster just to test it and it does rebound harder but its much harder to compress too. Isn't the rebound adjuster controlling only the rebound of the shock?

no, it has an effect on both compression and rebound, but the effect is much more on rebound because compression is much faster, so the shims have to do most of the work.
you can only move it ultra slowly by hands so it may seem it has the same effect on both compression and rebound.

Dino Y said:
Question 2
went all the way in of the compression adjuster and I don't feel any difference. (maybe a very small).
Is this how it is supposed to work?

it is also because of the ultra slow speed you can move the rod by hand

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
Maybe you want to see if you can hear air bubbles. If you hear any, you need to look again at the bleeding procedure, it's a bit more complicated on Kyb shock than a Showa to eliminate all air bubbles.

Top Bottom