Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Since everything within driving distance of Allentown, PA is pretty much closed up except RAC, where is there to ride anymore? Might be time to finally sell the DRZ?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Don't sell the bike Mike!!! Lost Trails will be opening a place up by lake Winnipesaukee. There's a MX track there now and trails soon as soon as they get their permits all in order.

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Dave, thats a 10 hour ride for me! Its only 8 hours to Hatfield-McCoy in West Virginia

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Oops....I meant near lake Wallenpaupack. They both start with a W so I guess I must have figured it was the same place :bang: :laugh:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
If you got the $ you can join 8 B's but it's hard to get in and easy to get thrown out but I know your the quite type in bed by 8 ;)

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Check it out Dave, my buddies cabin is only 20 miles from Lost Trails! An easy jump from I-84 to Promised Land, PA! If they get some trails up there we can have one hell of a weekend on the cheap with a bar only 2 blocks away and a big fire at night and no sleeping in tents!!!!! Please,please, please get some trails at Lost trails!

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Lost Trails is working on a new park. Its not at the same location as the motocross tracks they have, which is why thier site for Headquarters motocross says "No Trail Riding". The trails wont be too far from where the motocross is, and they hope t have it up and running by the spring riding season.

And while we are talking about PA, Keith, you coming to the peep drop for new years, I know you love your peeps :nod:

http://dailyme.com/story/2010122600002200/years-eve-jackpot.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUJjGZadpoM

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Hey Scooter, are you working with Lost Trails to get things set up correctly for us riders?

njdrtrdr

Dec 10, 2002
I haven't been on here in a few years, since probably riding at Paragon. I rode with you guys and did a trail cleanup in the fall one year at Paragon.
I just signed back in about the same subject. I'm stiil riding, but now started riding with my son, he'll be 8 this spring and rides a ttr-90. He just finished his second season riding. Started out on a PW-50 and a MSF dirtbike course, to a crf-50 and now the ttr-90.
We rode lost trails last year for the first time and then they closed it.
We did most of our riding at Willow Hill and they are not opening for 2011. We also rode Mountain Ridge a few days. (2 day weekends)
He's too young for RAC.
So unless Lost trails opens a new place I can take him, my only choices are a 3.5-4.5 hour drive(depending where I leave from) to Mountain Ridge, or to spend the money to join Rausch Creek. Hesitant to join Rausch creek because of the cost and not knowing what or how much terrain they have that he'll be able to ride. The only plus to Rausch creek is it's 2 hours from my house or 45 minutes from my camper.

Never heard much about 8 b's

Nick

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Hey Nick, good to see you're still around and still getting some riding in, well when we have places to ride anyway. We should have someplace to ride by spring, whether its Lost Trails new park, or one of a few others that are looking to open.

The 2 places I know of other than lost trails that are looking to open, are keeping things quiet until they get a good foothold. Its hard enough dealing with permits and concerned residents in the area. If they openly announce thier plans, and word gets out then the tree huggers from all over the state and country do what they can to stop it. Its easier for the tree huggers to stop a park from ever opening than it is for them to shut down one thats already operating... although they do thier best and succeed at that all too often too.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Hi Nick, I remember you. Glad to here you're still riding...or at least trying to still ride.

The Hancock, NY ride I mentioned is a yearly ride sponsered by a local club. It's called The Good Kuggamugga trail ride and there's no date for 2011 but keep checking their website at http://www.bearcreeksportsmen.com/

It's a real fun ride that has easy to hard trials...even the hard are easy. It's usually the first ride of the year for me so it has to be easy. They have primitive camping and/or cheap local motels if needed.

njdrtrdr

Dec 10, 2002
I know it's far, any of you guys been to rock run, majestic trails, or mines and meadows?
I haven't been yet. Only been to Mountain Ridge, which is a real nice family riding area. I just wish it was closer. Here's some videos from the place is you want to look on my youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7P3u4MYYCY
I started my son out in the yard on at 6yrs old on hopped up pw50. Then after a few rides, enrolled him in a MSF dirtbike school at Willow Hill. 2nd trip to Willow hill and he was trying to jump the PW and it was holding him back, so I got him a crf 50, He rode that about 10 times and a friend left a TTR-90 at my house and by the following spring he was tall enough, so he's been riding that. Hoping that should hold him for a couple years as he grows. He definitely likes riding. His nickname is MudMan. He'll go out of his way to ride in every puddle he can find. We had a great time at Lost trails, That was like an hour from home. He rode a couple of the green trails and the 1st single track loop. So I'm really hoping they open up again. I don't want to spend $600 to join Rausch creek and Mountain ridge is such a hike. 4.5 hours is just too much for a day trip. Which means each riding trip is an event now if we have to stay overnight.

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Quote from njdrtrdr about his 8 year old son- 'He definitely likes riding. His nickname is MudMan. He'll go out of his way to ride in every puddle he can find." Sounds like he needs a great mentor, such as myself, to further refine his water-borne skills! Just ask anyone on DRN!

njdrtrdr

Dec 10, 2002
I emailed lost trails and this was thier response to me. Lets hope all works out well. They are 1.5 hours from me which is an acceptable drive to go riding.

"We are planning on opening shortly, a few weeks.
Over 2,000 acres with miles and miles of trails to explore.
It will be located only 15 minutes north of our old location.
If you had a membership last year, we plan to pro-rate last years memberships, which will grant you a major
discount on a new membership for the new location.
We will have a new website (same web address) with all the information.
So check our site periodically for the announcement.
I will also keep your email and send you a notice when we open.
Tony"

Top Bottom