tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
i like vc for its technical stuff. i prefer that kind of track because it is usually not a "speed" is everything kind of a track. at vc you sometimes have to go slow to go fast (or finish a moto). ive been on dirtbikes for 11yrs and this is my first red cross injury. ill do whatever it takes to get back :aj:

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Damnit Gene! I am glad I didn't go.. although Sunday morning was not that much better on my side of town.

Remember Rick? the guy that broke all those bones at the Badlands? Well he is back on the bike... 3 weeks now. Still in pain but riding great. We were at Shady Grove and fighting for position and he left it open a little too long... over jumped a BIG table top step down triple... FLAT landed did a no footer over the next table top due to the pain.... rode off the track and fell over. He drove home, as he did last time, got in the bath tub but got i so much pain he had to call a neighbor to come help him out... ht eneighbor gets ill looking at the lump on his leg and calls 911. Rick had a compression fracture (shattered) the Tibia. Surgery yesterday morning, lots of screws and out till December.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Man, thats terrible. It seems like everyone is going down due to injury. Both my bikes are sitting in the garage dirty, begging to be washed and polished up. I'm afraid to even get near them.

B

biglou

Man, that sucks about Rick, David. I'll bet money that he was telling the guy that helped him out of the tub just how bad he was puttin' it on ya, though! :D Then he prolly called twinkie on his way to the hospital to tell him, too!

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
OMG the crash virus is affecting the North Texas Smack Pack too!! thump, make sure you hose your bike off with the proper antiseptic before riding again. that sucks for rick.

i dont get to see an orthopedic till friday. ive stayed home from work and have gone through an iceburg as far as icing my ankle down. my calf is still huge and my ankle looks like someone has smeared grape jelly all over it. the joint feels really stable and it doesnt hurt while sitting. i can even stand and bear weight on it. but if you ask me to flex it, ill kill you. this sitting around is getting really old.

motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by tx246
i dont get to see an orthopedic till friday.

What's up with that? You think they would want to get you in early in case they need to re-set the bones... OUCH!

Hang in there Gene. Hope to see to see you at DW'02... Are ya gonna bring the kayak to DW'02? I think the holding pond at Cooperland is about 30 feet across... hahaha...

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
I went riding with Gene this past weekend. No one got hurt!

RXrIAuL.jpg

Top Bottom