Sort of new, but finally introducing myself!

binthedirtnow

Mar 29, 2005
Well, I'm sort of new... I've made a lot of posts already because I love the sight and just couldn't wait to use it!! I like to do as much of my own work on my bikes as possible to keep the costs low and the fun factor high! I live in San Francisco, CA and when I ride locally I usually go to Hollister Hills SVRA or Metcalf Motorcycle park. Currently I have a 2003 KLX 300r with a growing list of mods, and a 2002 KX 125, but I have been seriously considering getting either another bike also. I have been considering: ktm 200exc, 250 exc, 300exc, 200sx; cr, rm, yz, kx 250; cr, kx 500; ktm 360 or 380 mxc/exc. But, I may want a four stroke instead: yz400, 426; ktm 400, 450, 525. Not sure. Depends on maintenace time and costs, used price, availabilty, cost of parts, weight, reliabilty, present and future OHV laws and regulations (I live in CA and red stickers apply). But before I buy any more bikes, I need to find a job and go back to work!

I mostly ride the faster trails, fire roads and sometimes an mx or gp track without large jumps (for now they scare me because I haven't really tried much jumping - but that will change in time!). I have tried a few of the single track trails, but they are not as fun for me. Really I've only been riding a dirt bike for 1 year, and riding a motorcycle for a little less than 2 years, so I have a long way to go.

My interest in motorcycles started back in the early '90's when I had a chance to work as a mechanic and fabricator for a small kart shop in Santa Fe Springs, CA that was building and racing 125cc shifter karts. That was a long time ago and now the sport is huge!! I raced myself and back then we had to struggle to get permission from the tracks and clubs to let us race on their tracks at all! We worked very hard but it seems that our efforts took hold. While I did this for a living, I had the unusual opportunity to build and maintain karts for a very fascinating clientelle: Eddie Lawson, Wayne Rainey, Rick Johnson, Broc Glover, Alex Barros, Steve Johnson, Bubba Shobert, and others that I can't remeber at the moment. I even raced against Ricky and Broc! We used to rent the track in Riverside and bring a truckload full of karts, tires, gas, etc and just ride around the track all day with all those guys - what fun!!!! Well, the funny thing was at the time I didn't even know how to ride a motorcycle, and a number of those guys offered to teach me how to ride but I was too chicken! What a dork I was to pass up that opportunity! Alas, from those experiences, my heart is with 2 strokes, but I am worried about the future 2 strokes for recreational riding.
Bryan.

Last edited:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site!

I see you have updated your CP and that is a great intro.

There is a good size goup of folks scattered about NorCal and a huge group in SoCal. Check out the SoCal Wrecking Crew forum for opportunities to hook up with some fellow DRNers in your area.

As far as bikes, if you do get a new one I am partial to the KTM 200. Sweet machine.

Again, welcome!

binthedirtnow

Mar 29, 2005
Thanx Tony!!

It's good to have finally taken the first step! How can I get ahold of the NorCal guys? I'll look up the SoCal guys as some of them may ride in the same places I do.
Bryan.

Top Bottom