flyinglow57

Jan 22, 2006
i replaced the top end and now my bike just SPEWS oil out of the exhaust. what the hell could it be? i dont have a clue in the world.

help me please.

QKENUF4U

Nov 13, 2005
whats your pre-mix at (32:1 ?) could be to much oil in the gas,
could be ya didnt replace the seal where the pipe is attached to the cylinder, <-----(my guess)
could be ya lost your crank seal on the clutch side and its sucking oil (the bike usually wont run worth a crap if at all if that happens)

flyinglow57

Jan 22, 2006
QKENUF4U said:
whats your pre-mix at (32:1 ?) could be to much oil in the gas,
could be ya didnt replace the seal where the pipe is attached to the cylinder, <-----(my guess)

im still running the same mix as i did before i did the top end. so this wouldnt be it. because it wasnt doing it before the top end was redone.

what would the seal on the pipe to the cylinder have to do with it. because i did not do this. but would it cause it to shoot oil out the exhaust onto the rear fender?

now this is what i have come to think is the problem. my buddy told me that the CR was to take 2 quarts of oil. so i put 2.1 qts in to play it safe. now i find out that it should only have .8 qts. this could be the problem right????

thanks for the response.

Mac

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
You put 2 quarts in?! Wow. . . Yea - I'd drain the oil and refill.

You know it usually has the oil capacity stamped on the right side case . . .

trevor9a

Oct 25, 2005
I've heard that if you fill an engine with too much oil you increase pressure inside the engine and blow oil seals. The proper way to put in the correct amount of oil on a kick ass 95 cr250 is to put it on a level stand. If it is already drained remove the oil level check bolt on the right side of the engine case. Mine has an 11mm head. Pour oil into the filler hole until oil comes out of the oil level hole. Let it drain out the level hole. That is your oil level. After you ride, or during breaks put it back on the stand and remove the level bolt. If you rock the bike a little forward. You should see some oil start dribbling out. If your oil level is low you have blown the seal separating the transmission and the top end. Always buy a manual with your bike.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Stick with 32:1. Put the correct amount of oil in the crank case and give that a shot. BTW, it will take some riding to clean out the old oil residue in your pipe. You might want to remove the pipe and clean it out. Also repack your silencer because it is probably filled with oil also.

dklink2000

Damn Yankees
Feb 18, 2002
way to much tranny oil! Drain it out and put in what is recommended, more than likely a quart at the most. Do you have a manual?

QKENUF4U

Nov 13, 2005
drain the oil and put in your .8 qrts and ride it for awhile to see if it clears up. if it smokes EMENSE amounts then you have prob. taken the gasket out between the crankcase and transmission. that means splitting the cases and replaceing the gasket. but before jumping on that boat put a new plug in it and ride it for awhile keeping and eye on your trans fluid level. if it gets lower and lower then you have a leak.
good luck
here ya go
#2 14.00$
http://www.mrcycles.com/fiche_section_detail.asp

Morvo

Oct 31, 2005
flyinglow57 said:
how much is a crank case gasket or what should it be about? thanks. cause i have had a few people tell me that it might be there.

Usually with crankcases you have to use gasket sealant around the whole case half, then you bolt the two halfs together (obviously with the rest of the components inside).

Top Bottom