RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I finally got the dates for this ride. They have it on Saturday and Sunday and I can do either day but Sunday is the day I usually do.

This is in Hancock, NY and you need to be an AMA member to participate. They have 30 miles of open trails to ride and even the hard stuff is pretty easy. It’s a fun first ride for the season.

They allow primitive camping on site if you want or there are a few cheap hotels in town. The club’s website is http://bearcreeksportsmen.com/ and there’s more info on how to get there on it.

Who wants to come? Last year PK came…oh wait, he said he was going to come but backed out at the last minute :p . I did see flyinzuki there on his new Husky but it was late in the day and didn’t get to ride with him.

I’ll go alone again if I have to but I’d sure rather ride with you guys. Not that the crew I hooked up with last year weren’t fun…I actually had a good time with them.

Let’s RIDE!!!!! :ride:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Gee, I'm glad there's so much excitement about getting out to ride again....:(

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
We still have 2 foot of snow on the ground, too early for me to think about riding without getting depressed.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I know what you mean but most of it melted yesterday and the day before with temps in the high 50's. My bike is still just a frame, engine and the tank right now. I finally got the last part I needed yesterday and now it's all going back together. If we have another day like yesterday I'm going for a ride!

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Hey guys
This is almost too easy but..... What exactly did Mike do for you Dave to get that free membership? Maybe that questiuon should have been just left out but I'm laughing my ass off and couldn't help it.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I knew I'd never be out the money...Mike HATES, I mean HATES the AMA :nod:

I would have paid though, there's nothing like seeing Mike ride in the water :laugh: His aquatic skills are next to none! :ride:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
KillDozer said:
I'm 99% sure I'll be there Sunday. Went last year it was awesome. I'll be on my kdx or drz not sure yet.
How did you like the snow? At Least it melted fast :laugh:

We can meet at the McDonald's in town for breakfast if you want. 8:00 or 8:30 maybe? I'll be driving in from Binghamton in the morning. Do you camp...stay in a hotel?

KillDozer

Dec 25, 2006
RM_guy said:
How did you like the snow? At Least it melted fast :laugh:

We can meet at the McDonald's in town for breakfast if you want. 8:00 or 8:30 maybe? I'll be driving in from Binghamton in the morning. Do you camp...stay in a hotel?
I think it melted by the time I got there last year. I heard reports about it but didn't see any. I only live about an hour away so I'm just going to head up in the morning with at least one other rider.
Here's a preview I found on youtube z1U9XEYYyRA
And one of me riding my kdx last year. LCk7OibxGuY
Sorry won't let me post links.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Where do yo live? I'm planning on getting to McDonalds by 8:30 if you want meet there first. I'll have at least 2 with me and maybe 4 all together if PK decides to come.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Hi Dave. I finally took a look at my NEMA race schedule. Kugamugga is in conflict with the race series. :(

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I guess it's a close points battle, eh? :nener:

When Lost Trails finally opens (I hope) we'll have a group ride there.

I finally made it out yesterday and shook off the cobwebs. There were (still are) a lot of them. I'm going out again during the week to try and ride myself into shape before the 1st. My new re-valved suspension is making it a lot easier.

How did you place Saturday?

KillDozer

Dec 25, 2006
RM_guy said:
Where do yo live? I'm planning on getting to McDonalds by 8:30 if you want meet there first. I'll have at least 2 with me and maybe 4 all together if PK decides to come.
I'm in Woodbourne, NY near Monticello if you know where that is. Not sure what time I'm going to be up there yet have to see when my friend from the city shows up.

Top Bottom