Shez

Jun 28, 2002
Hi I am after some info on the rear suspension fitted to an 89 200SR, is it the same shock as the enduro model, so will the settings in this site's excellent tech guide help or do I need to junk the shock and get a better one. I have springs on order for the forks, so need to make the rear match the front.
Cheers
Shez

B

Jun 29, 2000
Hey Jaguar, your still here ehh?

Well after 18 months of pretty constant absuse my SR is still running ace.

Had any problems yourself?

B

UK

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
yeah B I'm still here.
When I got the bike I replaced top end, rod and transmission bearings, and pipe. Other than the usual problems with the power valves its been reliable. Oh, some expert dummy here replaced the water pump shaft seal backwards and it wore out in 6 months. And when I brought in a new RK chain and asked them to take out a certain number of links they took out twice as many and in the end I wound up having to press links together myself. Good help was hard to find in the States but here its freaking impossible. Last year I hit a teenager running across the road (without looking) at 60kph, and this year my trip to the hospital was because a dog took me out by running in front of my bike and deflecting the wheel to the left. Man, I need to get a car! Weekends I head out to the dirt but theres not much available here.
Tell me some stories.

B

Jun 29, 2000
Well kawasaki Uk don't really like the grey imported SR's but I found a dealership called Corby kawasaki who are brilliant. Ive had no problems at all with any parts. :)

I had the whole engine done except for a new cylinder liner which Im about to have done soon. Theres nothing wrong with it but the piston slap can now be heard so its time. Im running 13/50 and ride quite a lot on the road so it tends to overrev. Its just been the best/ hardest bike Ive ever owned, maybe not the fastest. Im so really in love with the greenmeany. I hope your keeps running well.

If you ever need to get hold of hard to get bits let me know and next time Im doing an order Ill get them and post 'em on.

B :p

Shez

Jun 28, 2002
I have had the SR for a few weeks now and it is such an easy bike to ride on the trails round my area I have put my nearly new Pampera up for sale (it is more of a technical bike whereas most lanes round here are fast ruts) to get an enduro KDX purely for the woods enduros where I struggle with my 4T race bike.

They really are little gems aren't they :)
Oh and the racetech valves and springs arrived today, but I might not put them in the SR in case I do find another KDX.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom