Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Looks like a couple/three of us spodes will be going to Woods-O-Cross, in Sterling, Ct. on Sunday.
I talked to the guy at Paquag, (rock run) and you gotta be street lagal, or at least close to it, and that aint gonna happen anytime soon, not only myself, but others in my group. So,... Sterling being the last H/S on the NETRA schedule, we will be attending. Have any of you been to this event before? Anyone else want to go?
There are a couple more H/S's on the ECEA schedule for November.

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Saturday night,...Got 3 KTM's loaded up, (rippinrol, dstew, and myself), we're ready to head out @ 4:00am, supposed to be 70 degrees all day! I'll let you guys know how this one goes,... when we get back on Monday :aj:

"rippinrol"

aka tippinroll
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 11, 2002
Originally posted by Shaw520

There are a couple more H/S's on the ECEA schedule for November.

Let's do it Shaw :thumb:
Any other Dirt Yanks want to??? check it out ecea.org click on 2002 events(I tried to post a hyper link but it did'nt work) then post here.. :yeehaw:

Last edited:

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
Originally posted by "rippinrol"

Let's do it Shaw :thumb:
Any other Dirt Yanks want to??? check it out ecea.org click on 2002 events(I tried to post a hyper link but it did'nt work) then post here.. :yeehaw:
Jib and I are going to the WNYOA H/S at Twin Brooks this Sun the 13th . Are you up for it or do you just race ECEA ?

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Sterlings' Woods-O-Cross was good, but a bit short, (6mile loop, three laps) but the narly sections made up for that. It just wouldnt be a NETRA run without some nasty, mud covered, rock gardens! We had 30 guys in our class,(Open C), and we started with the 125 C, so there where aprox 65-70 bikes in our wave,....65- 70 bikes going into the first turn,... :eek: :eek: The guy next to me hit a hidden boulder on the holeshot to the first turn, and proceeded to kartwheel in front of me, so I got caught behing the bottleneck in the first turn, had a terrible first lap, but then the next lap managed to work my way back up and finished in the middle of the pack. :(
Drty, I think Twin Brooks is near Binghamton, that might be a bit a travel for us southernly spodes, the ECEA's are usually a bit closer for us. LMK

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Woods-O-Cross, Sterling Ct.

Attachments

• befsterling.jpg
    befsterling.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 393

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
The charge for the 1st turn is a RUSH ain't it ? Middle of the pack is a good day for me .
Twin Brooks is about 2.5 hours for us , not to bad .

"rippinrol"

aka tippinroll
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 11, 2002
Originally posted by dirtybkr

Jib and I are going to the WNYOA H/S at Twin Brooks this Sun the 13th . Are you up for it or do you just race ECEA ?

I'd be up for that but I'm getting my season pass picture taken this weekend for Killington..There's also a brew fest goin on too.. :worship:
WNYOA is there a web site? How do the events compare to NETRA? I found where I stand from riding these races and learned quite a bit..
It was pretty hairy and a lot of fun :p :p

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
Roland I thought about going up to the K-Mart on Sat . but somthing else came up . The WNYOA races are simular to NETRAs except for the fact that the AA riders on down to the C riders are on the track at the same time . The land also seems to be a bit softer in western NY than in New England . More sand less rock . You will find quite a bit of info on the link that Shaw posted , including schedule and pictures . WNYOA is also a little cheaper to race than NETRA .

Top Bottom