tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
Ok OK crew. There is a ride last weekend of the month over in Talihina. Bunch of KTMTalk people are gonna be there but they dont care what color bike you have. Im gonna be there Fri night to ride Sat.

As you know, the NF travel plan has excluded us from using 2/3s of the north side but we havent run into any trouble running the whole thing yet. To be honest, Im fine running the south side out and back. It is still 50+ miles of "cant get in trouble" trails. If you think you might want to go, let me know. If you dont want to poke around with me, there will be some A guys there that will give you all you can handle. We can catch up around the fire.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Lorin said:
I may be interested. what are you plans for lodging, etc..? pm or call me. Lorin.
Same here.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Wish I could. Have been reading about it but it is the wrong weekend for me.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
Lorin/Swift

Im gonna go up Friday night and camp at the state park. I did it at 19degrees last yr and survived. Sat night should have a big fire ala DirtWeek. Let me know. Fuel range needs to be 50-55.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
No sissy tubes either unless you like doing on trail repairs.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Sissy tubes, auto clutch ... guess I'm not welcome? ;)
I'll send Jason the heads up, see if he's off.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
what is a "sissy tube?" Are you running the Mousse tubes Craig? If I could actually catch Dwreck on the trail these days, I might have to respond to his comment above. Doesnt seem to be much chance of that these days.
Craig, I messaged you earlier. I am more than interested if we can share gas, expenses, etc... I dont mind taking off of work a day for travel if that helps. Let me know, I need to get into better riding \ enduro shape.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
Okay, okay. Let's get something straight, here. Did you say a bunch of KTM riders that "don't care what color bike you have?" Wait, are we talking about the same group of people here? I thought Katoom riders were obligated to wear KTM shoes, shirts, pants, jackets, hats, socks, earplugs, and underwear, and if you aren't part of the orange-crazed club, you were delegated to riding waaaayyyyy in front of them while they talk/dream about catching up, but never do! :nener: :laugh: :p

Lol. Just messing with you Orange-blooded guys as you are quite the dedicated bunch.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'm leaning SE to do this ride. I don't have a tent for the cold. Weather will be my decideing factor. As long as these guys ride 2 strokes I don't care what color their bike is, besides, mine still has 500 red on it.

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
:cool: Once you go Orange, you never go back! :cool:

Hope to see you fella's next weekend, Gene, Lorin, Brian, Derrick, it's been too long!

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
There are a couple of motels in town which is only 6 miles away. DWreck is right about the tubes. 14psi is the minimum if you dont have UHD tubes. Flats suck but be prepared. That means bring tools to remove your wheel if you dont ride KTM. I have all the wrenches to take a KTM apart but not some of the others. Bring a spare tube in your backpack.

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Gene, sounds like there will be a large group of 25 - 30 riders. And I really don't want to get in a large group ride, too many people end up having too many breakdowns. One of the best rides I've had there was when you led it, with me, Lusty and Crash following. Fast and flowing, nice!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I've got a kitchen pass if work doesn't hamper my plans. Weather will still trump the best plans. I'll commit next week.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
Grady,
Luster isnt coming as Shooty has talked him into doing the Cycleland Enduro. Im hoping Lorin, Brian et al make it as they have never been. Come on guys! Any day on a motorcycle is a good day.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'm still in the mix!

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I have been, but is was 5-6 years ago. transportation is my current issue. If I can hook up with Brian or Craig, I can go.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Lorin, got a plan?

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I dont as of yet, just dont have the necessary wheels to haul the bike (truck is out of town). Dont mind getting a room or tenting. If there is a way to get picked up \ dropped off, I am all for adding to funds to assist. Brian, if a chance to go; email me as my cell is out and I am waiting for a replacement. I will pm you with my email address, and home phone number (will do the same for Craig in the event that he can go). I can take off Friday as well if that helps. Lorin.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Well, I'm pulling the plug on this for me. I've been wanting to try to hit Talihina on the way down to Cycleland.... dream on....
I'll be doing neither.
Have fun, and be safe!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Sorry for the last minute bail! I have too many projects going on and I really need the weekend to "help" catch up. It seems that I'm the only local person that is not seeing a recession. Good for the wallet but not for the attitude. Have fun everyone, hope to make a ride soon.
I might get the chance to ride Saturday afternoon at a place close to my house. The trail is really good, about a 7 mile loop with 2 major rock gardens and some good bark busting tree slappers.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
BSWIFT said:
I might get the chance to ride Saturday afternoon at a place close to my house. The trail is really good, about a 7 mile loop with 2 major rock gardens and some good bark busting tree slappers.

who can get in? are there any beginner-level trails? we're looking for a place nearby where lisa can learn to ride. we've considered appalachia bay but i'm a little afraid of all the squids there.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Jay, you would be more than welcome. There are several miles of ATV trails, wider, lots of turns, less rocks. I'll try to call you around lunch time.

Top Bottom