JST122

Dec 29, 2005
Just saw the following article posted on Transworld. Its about time, I guess Boo Koo finally got tired of paying Vuillemin and providing bikes for him to sandbag it all week long and produce poor results on race day. It will be interesting to see if he comes back for the nationals and if he does who gives him a ride. If you have watched the show Reality of Speed on speed channel then you know what I am talking about, it doesnt look like Vuillemin has the drive and determination to put in the effort required to be one of the top guys anymore. His practice regimen is weak.

David Vuillemin and the Boo Koo/Honda team have mutually decided to terminate their relationship together, after a season of disappointing finishes, culminating in an ankle injury for Vuillemin at the Daytona Supercross just over two weeks ago. Since crashing during his heat race at the rough Daytona track, Vuillemin has been absent from the races, and reportedly has flown to France to get his ankle examined. Currently, Vuillemin is in France, while Boo Koo is continuing along their path.

The two parties—Vuillemin and BooKoo/Honda—decided to split up after DV struggled to turn in results that he has grown accustomed to over the years, and, likewise, the team became increasingly frustrated with his finishes. When it was all said and done, the two parties split on good terms, and will both move on to other avenues.

Reportedly, BooKoo has hired Arenacross star Josh Demuth, and Supercross veteran Broc Sellards to fill in for the remainder of the season. BooKoo will also still field their Lites Class riders: Justin Keeney and Steve Boniface. As for Vuillemin, his future is uncertain, however; the word is that he might contest the outdoor season when the series begins in a few months.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
DV definitely seems to have some issues.

LaRider20

Dec 27, 2000
In one of the early episodes that I saw his wife was awfully mouthy. Maybe she should be left at home and let the business of racing be handled by the rider and the team.

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
I caught Reality of Speed the other day when DV and Lucky where about to box. DV was being real short and would not give lucky a good answer. They were arguing about wether or not it was time to break out the 450. DV said no way he was going to do any good on the 2 stroke. DV said in practice he was getting beat in the holeshots everytime by the 250 fourstrokes. The film cut to a shot of him getting smoked a couple of times. Then they gave him the 450 he holeshot everytime in practice and got the holeshot in the first race on the 450 (i cant remember which race it was.). I could see there was some truth to what he (DV) was saying, but he still was being a arse to Lucky.

Red Mamba

Feb 5, 2006
funktree said:
his wife has gotta be part of the problem, she is pretty nasty and is ALWAYS there.
May be she should ride and let David do the house work. I think age and reality are telling David to call it quits before he ends his retirement in a wheel chair but David and his wife are being hard headed .

dante

Mar 24, 2004
I don't care how he's portrayed on that TV show... DV is a cool guy, and a great racer... Just the fact that he goes onto other sites like this one and talks to fans is really cool to me... I really like watching him ride too, he has his own style... I hope a good support team picks him up, I also hope he goes back outdoors so I can watch him ride GH this year... Go DV12 :cool:

funktree

~SPONSOR~
Jul 21, 2001
off topic, but the most interesting thing to me about that show has been the corporate stuff, the boo koo rep annoys the hell out of me. the black fender thing was hilarious, as was his enthusiasim over DV's "victory sip" makes me glad I never got that fast, I would have a hard time keeping a ride dealing with guys like that.

Top Bottom