james_b

Nov 15, 2005
i recently bought a suzuki pe 175, it's an old bike (79) but it runs alright, and i got it for $100 dollars with a pile of extra parts. i'm about 1/3 of the way through the rebuild, all the plastics are painted, with about 1/16 thick polyurethane clear coat, so hopefully i won't be putting any big gashes in my nice new paint job. but i did notice a rattle in the top end which has made me leary, cause who wants to take a bike off into the middle of nowhere when it sounds like it's about to pop at any time. so i pulled the head off and for one, there was no head gasket, the rings were forgotten in one of the previous half assed rebuilds, and the wrist pin bearings are shot, so it's moving around a lot in there. being as old as this i figured parts would be damn near impossible to find...
but e-somthin pulled through for me again. found a kit that had a new piston, rings, wrist pin/bearing, c-rings, and head gasket, also i found an original service manual, and a set of boyesen power reeds, and a k&n filter. all together it cost about $150
so now i have about $300 invested in this bike and once i've rebuilt the top end, and dial in my carb, it'll be like new :cool:
needless to say i scored good this time, i'll post some pics when my sis in law returns our camera :p

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
Dude how cool..post up a post ride report..!! I had that exact year,I think..(hmm stolen in 1990.... anyway :think: )

Crazy

Top Bottom