BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
As most of you know, I bought a used KTM 250 one week before the infamous Mamba raffle in 2000. I was riding the KTM at Drapper Lake with Craig_enid and it just died. I unloaded the trusty KDX and we motored on for the rest of the very cold day.
Later that day, I found out I had won the Mamba. The KTM has sat in the shop in pieces. I finally borrowed a dial indicator from Vintage Dirt and got the KTM ignition(new one) timed. I had misplaced bolts and gromets and wasn't really in a hurry to put it back together. However, the beast runs! Runs real good. I hope to find it a new home. Hopefully it will be in a new home soon.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'm working for Mac Systems IN Tulsa.:yeehaw: I have no pics of the KTM. Sunday we sheared the Woodruff key on the ignition. Justql's cousin is thinking about buying it. He was going to get a Woodruff Key this week and reset the flywheel. The bike hauls tail and the suspension is real plush.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'll make you a good deal!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i was tired of sitting on the sidelines after about two days but i'm just not ready yet. if i do get one, it will be new.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Does that have a Happy Button, Susan?

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
A happy button and a very happy owner!!! :yeehaw: :laugh: :thumb:

I took my oldest out riding today. My husband recently leased some farm ground about a mile from our house that borders an old dry creek. We have permission from the land owner to ride out there. The creek is only about 6 feet wide with 3 to 4 ft drops on the banks. I have managed to go up and down most everything my son can with the CRF. I wouldn't dare try it on my TTR. I even made it up the face of a 10 ft jump that is almost straight up for the first three feet. Great practice for the Farm!!!

Glad to hear things are looking up for you Brian!!
SusanE

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Thanks Susan. I look forward to seeing all of you again.

Top Bottom