Fly'nBrian

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 3, 2001
Met Terry at LMC at 10:00 AM, We quickly got the bikes and gear around and headed out. The cool temps were perfect for a trail ride. Terry was a little worried about his riding ability/speed. No problem he did great. We headed west out to the trail, hung a left and headed east towards Higgins lake. But seeing as I know of a little ridden trail (F&S) knows which trail I a talking about I think it was his tracks that I was following. Terry was impressed with the trail.

After a short break an some photos we headed back out. The conditions were perfect, no dust, great traction, wet sand, and the woods is in full color with red and yellow maple leaves like a carpet. Did I say the contions were perfect.

I was soon giving Terry some of the finer points of riding in the sand, He soon found out that the ole 450 will easily pull 2nd gear through all but the tightest spots. A little twist of the loud handle also helps with picking up the front end too.

All to soon the little ridden trail ends (tears) We pick up the North Missaukee trial just west of Cannon creek, headed back west we picked up the pace a bit on the wider ORV trail.

On a big hill we stop for some action shots, my batteries died so I was not able to get any high speed up hill shots of Terry.

After crossing 7 mile rd we pick up Missaukee loop #1 commonily called the chicken loop. The riding was just great.

After finishing the loop it was back to the club grounds to pack up. I really wanted to finish the "little ridden trail" and check out the "wet road" but time was not being our friend as I had to get back home for my daughter's birthday.

In short it was a sweet ride with great company and a new friend to as well. Thanks Terry.

OH by the way I did dust some of the leaves out of the trail for this week-ends TF. :laugh:

See ya all on the trails in 2006 :bang:

Brian

Nestrick

Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 6, 2003
For those of you about to attend TF this weekend, I [terry nestrick] envy the enjoyment you will accrue from riding the outstanding trails surrounding the Lansing Motorcycle Club encampment. Today was a series of firsts for me … first time meeting Fly’n Brian, first time riding the Missaukee trail system and few of Brian’s secret connecting trails, first time at the Moorestown Lansing Motorcycle Club campground, and perhaps the saddest ‘first’ of all … the last time I’ll ride with Brian for at least 18 months while he is on active duty in Iraq. While I am sure many of you who know Brian intimately will also miss his smile and upbeat riding regimen … I managed to catch a few seminal photos from today’s ride which I want to share as a means of including you in this, his last ride before departing for active duty.

[See Photo Left]
Brian … geared up and ready for take off. The day was absolutely perfect for riding … temps in the high 50s, a bit overcast, the ground saturated with moisture but not sufficient to be slick, no dust, few whoops, many logs to get over, and just the two of us to sample these amazing trails.

[See Photo Middle]
After riding for a while, Brian sensed I could use a break … during our conversations, I learned a lot about his life and how things have come together for him … despite some setbacks he is one tough individual … he not only rides with style, he lives his life with style … and, he’s a darn good riding teacher too!

[See Photo Right]
I caught this shot when Brian wasn’t expecting it … while a bit serious, I believe it is good look into his soul and mirrors the man behind the usual smile he wears. On the other hand, it could be the result of having to slow down to my snail’s pace for too long a period on trails that literally begged to be ridden fast and hard by those sufficiently experienced to do so without being suicidal.

Attachments

• #01-100_1063_edited.jpg
    #01-100_1063_edited.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 131
  • #02-100_1065_edited.jpg
    #02-100_1065_edited.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 136
  • #03-100_1067_edited.jpg
    #03-100_1067_edited.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 129

Nestrick

Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 6, 2003
[See Photo Left]
At one point in the ride, we encountered a couple of miles of trail that was ‘out of this world’ … it was tight, twisty, perfect traction, and just full of all different kinds of wooden obstacles ranging from 10” logs to extended series of smaller brush across the trail. Here we see Brian Fly’n over a bunch of logs, sticks and brush on the trail … he carried the front wheel over the whole mess in one fell swoop and made the crossing seem inconsequential. I can assure you that it was not inconsequential for those of us who cannot wheelie over such trail junk … I made it, it wasn’t as pretty as Brian’s, and luckily, Brian’s camera battery died so you won’t see any pictures of me.

[See Photo Middle]
Some folks are just naturals when it comes to riding dirt bikes … Brian is definitely one of those individuals. He is so fluid with his KTM200exc that even turning around on a tight trail can be an adventure for him … that’s what he’s doing here.

[See Photo Right]
At one point on the Missaukee loop we encountered a long, sweeping, sandy hill climb. We both rode to the top where Brian stopped and discussed my ‘less than optimum’ use of low gear for the climb … then he went back down and came blasting up the hill to demonstrate how it should be done. Next, he sent me back down the hill and had me do it again, this time in 2nd gear, standing on the pegs and rippin’ … maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks?

I truly enjoyed the ride today with Brian about as much as possible … the trails were absolutely awesome, the company outstanding, the weather perfect and our bikes performed flawlessly … what more can one ask for … especially on a farewell ride!

Brian, we’ll all miss you … be safe and we look forward to your return to the trails.

terry nestrick :cool:

Attachments

• #04-100_1068_edited.jpg
    #04-100_1068_edited.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 137
  • #05-100_1070_edited.jpg
    #05-100_1070_edited.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 113
  • #06-100_1071_edited.jpg
    #06-100_1071_edited.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 135

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
BEAUTIFUL TRAIL REPORT YOU GUYS!!! Looks, smells, taste and sounds like you two had a GREAT time up there!

Brian, I am SOOOOO glad that there are folks like yourself willing to give so unselfishly for our national security. Thank you too for your patriotism and your fight for freedoms sake!!
Like Terry said, be careful and safe over there - you will be missed while you are away!!
Woodsy

Top Bottom