Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Tomorrow, Dec. 1st. @ 1:00 PM. There will be a meeting at the Riverside County main offices with the Planning Commission in regard to outlawing off road vehicle use on private property.

This is the second in a series of meetings regarding ohv use in Riverside County. If you can make it, please do.

Our future is at stake.

Ol'89r

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
So if I have 20acres, I can't ride an off-road vehicle on my own property. That sounds like a law that would not hold up in court.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
kelsorat said:
So if I have 20acres, I can't ride an off-road vehicle on my own property. That sounds like a law that would not hold up in court.

Kelso.

If the amendment would have passed, you would have had to do a enviromental study with a plot plan. Must have the proper zoning. Must have a conditional use permit. Must be 250 feet from nearest residence (not yours). 100 Ft. from property line. No riding on Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years day. Would need written permission from every neighbor within one mile. Noise cannot be greater than 65 db's. Limited hours of operation. Must have dust suppression. Must have grading permit to move more than 50 cu yards of dirt. Must be your primary residence. Among other things.

Fortunatly, we stopped it. Had it passed, it would have made many of our local racetracks illegal also.

Check out my report on the meeting on the General / off-topic forum. New's, sub forum. Title, 'The future of dirt bikes in Riverside County.'

We really dodged a bullet on this one.

Ol'89r

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Thanks Terry, you spoke for alot of us and I'm sorry I wasn't there to help. You get a free one day pass through the 91 canyon, i'll pick the day. buwahahahahahah

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Great job :cool: We need leaders like you.

Top Bottom