thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I remember reading something about trains that pass by Cooperland at all hours of the night. How often do they pass by and are they really really lound like wake you up from the dead loud or just a passing choo-choo train in the distance? Should I be bringing ear plugs?

Insomnia sufferers want to know!

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
That was DW'01 at Casey. They talked about all the trains. I wasn't there, BUT, no tracks near Cooperland. It's in the boonies.

SirReel

Aug 23, 2001
No trains will be nice :thumb:
At DW01, the train came by a few times every night very, very late, and it was like the driver could see all the campers and tents, cause he would just lay on the horn all the way past...

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Remember folks, DW03 will probably be at Casey......So pack your ear plugs!

Phillip

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
A few times a night???? more like every 20 minutes! I liked it though, for some dumb reason.

I think I was so tired from riding that once I tried to sleep, I was out! No wake up until dawn, unless of course I had to fill the beer mug...

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Trains.... pfft! No big deal. I live 1/4 mile from some tracks here and they pass often and I still sleep like a baby. Of course when I am at work offshore there is a drilling rig running 24/7 right outside so I could sleep through anything.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Don't forget about the Tooter Express, no set time schedule on that!:scream:

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
motometal .............you and the now legendary glass mug :worship:

motodawg

Sponsoring Member
May 1, 2002
Originally posted by justql
The tree frogs are all you'll hear at Cooperland. ;)

Ha! That's a fact! When a bunch of them get going they can make the damndest racket you ever heard! :eek:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
this year we have converted to a much more shatter resistant material. Of course, for certain reasons the glass was never in much danger of breaking before, it wasn't like I was going to spill that inside the trailer, but alas, I'd better try to follow the "no glass" rule...

motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by IrishEKU
Remember folks, DW03 will probably be at Casey......So pack your ear plugs!

Phillip

Where is that information posted? It's hard to imagine that plans are being made a year in advance when DW'02 hasn't even kicked off... ...but ya never know with this crew... :silly:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
I get the info in short bursts when I'm off neuroleptecs and wearing my double walled tinfoil helmet. :confused:

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
No decision made yet as to where it'll be next year. Can we not enjoy this years first :think:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
I never men't to draw from the festivities whatso ever, but the question was posted in another thread and Okie all but let the cat out of the bag. So Pfffft!
Get your butt up to DW and have fun and leave us :whiner: to bemoan our selves while you are having fun.

Phillip

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom