dklink2000

Damn Yankees
Feb 18, 2002
Your probably right, anyway I got suckered into going to Syracuse this weekend to see the girlfriends parents.  Anyone know of any good bike shops up there?  :think:

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Syracuse just had a major snow storm. I live in Cortland and we had around 18 inches...which isn't that bad except for the drifting. I've been doing my ride time on a tractor trying to keep the drifts from getting out of hand. Its STILL snowing and is still windy..bad time to travel to this part of the country.

atc3434`

~SPONSOR~
Nov 1, 2001
Yeah, we got mad snow in syracuse! There is a decent shop, Freds Motor Sports. Its right on Erie Boulevard. Get off 690 at Teal Ave, and then go south, Boulevard is about 1/2 mile up. Then take a right, and head down till you see it, on your right. Good shop, but I'm sure its mostly sleds right now. He might still have a Cannondale you can take a look at it there, they are neat. Just take it easy on the Boulevard, I was busted racing out there this summer, not a good thing. 85 in a 40, particiapating in a speed contest, wreckless drive, wreckless endangerment, and unsafe start (Of course). Good ol 89 Buick Century won the race though, so it was worth it. Took a brand new Altima! I'm still smiling about it!

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Two feet in the Albany area. Where I ride probably got three feet and nobody plows that road. I wanted to get out and try my snow tires, but it's just too deep. :(

Hopefully someone will plow the local pond and I'll get to do some flat-tracking on the ice. :)

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
Tried riding yesterday up in the Berkshires, wasn't fun at all. There's about 2 feet of snow on the ground. We had to quit before we blew up the bikes or our aging bodies.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Two feet of fresh powder and you guys are trying to go dirt bike riding?? Whatsamatta you??&nbsp; :think:

That's what they make skis for!! :)

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Dan - I was going to suggest a New Years Day ride in the Berkshires, but I guess not. ;)

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
Originally posted by LoriKTM
Two feet of fresh powder and you guys are trying to go dirt bike riding?? Whatsamatta you??&nbsp; :think:

That's what they make skis for!! :)
It's a Berkshire Thing :) I got a friend that runs Killington and I've never skied.
Dan - I was going to suggest a New Years Day ride in the Berkshires, but I guess not.
We could still ride, starting and ending at Tuckers. We could sit in the bar, drink a cold berverge, stare at our bikes in the back of our trucks and make believe we're riding them :silly:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by DANIEL JOSEPH
We could still ride, starting and ending at Tuckers. We could sit in the bar, drink a cold berverge, stare at our bikes in the back of our trucks and make believe we're riding them :silly:
Just like you and Bill do all year long :p

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Dave - Are you going to take your skirt off and come riding in the Berkshires next year or are you going to use the same old "gee, sorry I don't have lights and a tag" excuse?

You know what excuses are like, don't you?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
LOL!

Actually most of my fastest rides are while my bike is in the back of my truck on the way to the track ;)

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
Lori is right . The skiing is UNREAL . Floating in 2 feet of fresh is dream like .
How a Spode fest on boards ? We could call it " The DYDR Sumit ". I am thinking late Jan. or early Feb . Any takers ?

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Flubie - Why don't you set it up? Keep in mind Jan 26th is an Elec. City Ice Race and Feb 9th is the Snow Run Enduro. ;)

Also a place with daycare would be good. I'm sure Mrs. Woods would love to come to this kind of spodefest. Just don't laugh at her skiing... I didn't teach her! :)

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by DANIEL JOSEPH
Is the daycare for you and RM_guy? :p
Yes, but this time tell Dave to keep his diapers on! :eek:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Diapers are way to restrictive for me, if ya know what I mean ;)

I don't ski anymore so you guys have fun:)

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by RM_guy
Diapers are way to restrictive for me, if ya know what I mean ;)
That's not what your wife tells us! ;)

Top Bottom