CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Thought I'd start a New Thread since the old one was starting to get so long.
I'd like to ride Sat but weather isn't looking good right now so it might have to be Sun. Let's wait and see what weather looks like tomorrow before we decide.
This will again be an "A" ride fast paced with little or no stopping. Last week's ride was a total of 45 miles for those that stayed out for the second half. I'd like to increase that each week and even up the pace. Must say that was one of the most enjoyable rides I've been on in a while and those that chimed in seemed to feel the same way. Looks like we have a pretty good group. If your planning on bringing anyone new into the group keep in mind the pace and type of terrain as this won't change much unless it gets harder or tougher.

Last edited:

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Tomorrow

Weather looks good for tomorrow.
Meet at Berma Rd Ready to ride at 10am. The pace will be the same as last week with us looking for even more new single track.
See you there :cool:

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Saturday's ride

Nice small group only 4 of us. I had a chance to look over the ride around that lake trail and it looks like we can continue on some trail just to the east of where we came out. I also want to try and hit that single track that runs back downhill next time from the one we take straight out off the wide trail. Looks like if we run down that hill we'll hit some of the Shotgun enduro track stuff.
See you Saturday

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
We ride in the Saint Clair, PA area know as Reading Anthrecite Caol Company and you need a permit to ride their land.

Last edited:

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Weather looks good for Saturday

I'll be there 10am ready to ride Sat. Right now looks like Steve, Brad, Jason, hope to see Darrel and Derrick. I know a lot of guys are going to the Rattle snake enduro Sunday but that's just too much driving for me.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Ride report

Weather was great nice small group only 5 of us pace was good even grandma held her own damm she's getting good although the flat tire was a drag. I can see an extra heavy duty tube in the future. Thanks to everyone in the group that tube change went very quick except for the inflation. I realized I could use a new pump. Even after I was told it was time to start heading back to the truck everyone seemed to have that "one more time" attitude that I personally don't like in the play area. Brad took a real nasty spill on one of the silt hills with his bike following him back down but he managed to "Save the bike". :laugh: Darrell went down and looked back up at the walmart hill and to my surprize he decided not to try it. That tells me not to even bother looking as he's one of the best riders I know.

As to riding the same trails... No we don't there is plenty of new stuff everywhere you look and we all enjoy finding it. There are several that we do on a regular basis and mix them up and look for new. As to the 125 it would be fine out there. It's not the bike but rather the rider that makes the difference. I myself ride a 525 which most guys will tell you is too big but it's what I enjoy and love the torque. :laugh:

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
We're on for Tomorrow

Weather looks looks good for the day so meet at the same Bat Time and Place.
See you guys there

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
DynastyShockerz said:
LOL theyre good drivers

I'm sure. I had a bit of a "run in" with a quad last week so it's a bit of an inside, or upside down joke maybe ;) .
I might make it Sat. Not sure yet. Messed up my dates and thought I had some where else to be. Still I could help some friends paint. I would rather ride but I know they need the help.

Oct 11, 2008
JasonJ said:
I'm sure. I had a bit of a "run in" with a quad last week so it's a bit of an inside, or upside down joke maybe ;) .
I might make it Sat. Not sure yet. Messed up my dates and thought I had some where else to be. Still I could help some friends paint. I would rather ride but I know they need the help.
RIDE! I HATE PAINTING, why dont they just hire some illegals, they are cheap and do a good job. I can't wait to come out and ride where u guys ride.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Ride report

Had a great day. Weather was awesome nice and wet out there so no dust. Found some new trails on the south side of Burma rd down by the water. Also saw a trial that leads over to the other side of the lake where we have seen a few local women taking in the sun, should we say. Steve had a nasty get off after realizing the throttle isn't a brake. Somehow he managed to launch himself about 30 feet off the trail and hit his back on a tree. To his credit he did manage to punish the tree and several others during his brief flight. Picture is after I circled back to find him and we picked up the bike. Good news is he's OK and will be able to ride next weekend. Damm trees and rocks someone should clean them up. Jason it's your turn, I've picked up enough of them. :nener:

Last edited:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
CRFGuy said:
Damm trees and rocks someone should clean them up. Jason it's your turn, I've picked up enough of them. :nener:

Nahhh, that's why I put the trials tires on, to go over the stuff not bounce off of it!

I am out for Sat but thinking about a B ride Sunday at RAC

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
10 AM Burma rd a RAC. Just got my bike squared away. Andrew I'll call you if I bag. Looks like a large storm that may or may not push into the Pottsville in the AM. Ill check it later tonight.

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
yeah let me know as soon as you know, if we're not going, I'm going drinking late, lol, but I wanna go riding, so don't let that sway ya

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Looks like a big chance of ass weather all AM. More so up state so I'm gonna bag. Sucks cause I spent the afternoon scrambeling to get my bike ready. Oh well, next week maybe. I can't ride to much or I'll get to fast and what fun would that be? :p

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Looks like it rained most of the day in St Clair. I know it did here. I was watching the temp and radar and the storms just kept rolling down the 61 / 73 corridor.

Top Bottom