Status
Not open for further replies.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I throw this place out every year and have been there once with ELDRM and his bud. It's a blast to ride and the trails are real nice. It's the Good Kuggamugga ride in Hancock, NY. It's put on by the Bear Creek Sportsman club on their 1000 acres of private land. Go to their website for some pictures of last year's ride http://bearcreeksportsmen.com/

It is on April 17-18 (Sat and Sun) but just Saturday would be a good time.

We could alwyas go to Lost Trail too. Any other thoughts?

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I'm already saving up for a trip out your way this spring Dave. We just talked about lost trails this morning. And of course, still dreaming of days gone by at Paragon.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Good Bruce. I'm just trying to drum up some interest to ride someplace. The place in Hancock has trails that suit me fine for a first ride of the season but it's challenging enough to not be boring.

This snow and cold is making me stir crazy. I had to go into work this morning and it was 2 below zero. That's just wrong.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Two below sucks. Looks like between 4 and 5 hour drive, so not a bad trip to Hancock. We'll look into it more tomorrow.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
What the hell. I used to ride dirt bikes once upon a time. Why not dust off the gear and head out to actually ride?!

Consider me in!

Nov 15, 2009
I live 25 minutes from Lost Trails, if anybody wants to go there give me a hollar. I can't wait for the spring, although I did get out alot this winter.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
We are always looking for fresh meat...uh, I mean...someone new to ride with ;)

Is everyone too snow and cold bound that they can't even respond? Have you given up riding? :boss: :nener: :bang: :yikes:

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
I'd be down for that Hancock ride. Just got a new bike, so hopefully by April I'll be used to it....

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
RM_guy said:
Is everyone too snow and cold bound that they can't even respond? Have you given up riding? :boss: :nener: :bang: :yikes:

I try to avoid these sites when its this cold out, the less I think about the bikes sitting in the garage when I cant use them, the better.

I got very little riding in last year due to my injury. The last DRN ride we did at Lost Trails was probably a little soon for me. I got 1-2 more rides in after that, but was still feeling some pain, so I packed up early for the season so i could recover fully for this year.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Hey Dan, I had wondered if you were OK after the injury. So are you all healed up now? I know on that ride my legs cramped up at the end and I couldn't sit with them bent at all. Damn it sucks getting old! :ohmy:

I would really like to get back to the Hancock ride this year. I had such a blast the last time and had wanted to make it a yearly trek. I guess I don't care where we go so long as I can ride:)

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
We're not old, Dave, just vintage. A few new parts here and there, some TLC and we can run with the younguns. Can't we? :think:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Uh...yeah, that's right, lots of TLC...but who's gonna give it to us?? :laugh:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
we can run with the younguns. You know the saying- Old age and treachery sumthin', sumthin', sumthin' I forget how it goes (early onset CRS) :think: maybe not so early anymore. . .

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Hancock ride?

Hey guys

Dave have you ever done the Dualsport ride they put on up there. I don't think they call it an enduro but maybe they do, I ride it every year and it's awesome! Usually 80-100 miles each day. Very well run event good people, same club forget what they call it but it makes the drive more worth while then for the ride your talking about, not that that isn't a good ride it just short. Do you know if they will allow you to ride the course more then once? Last year I went with Brad, one of my riding buddies and only made the first couple of miles when Brad decided to take a short cut through some brush to cut off a corner and hit a large tree stump that was covered with tall grass head on. He survived but blew out one of his radiators and so ended the day.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Hey Gordon, you are referring to the Quarry Run that is put on by the same group. I have friends that ride it and have a blast but I don't have plate so I don't go.

On the April ride you can run the loop more than once. I don't know if they are doing it this year but when I was there they also had a hare scramble race that was fun. I only rode one lap because the course was a mud hole and I was a Nancy.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Hey Gordon, you are referring to the Quarry Run

Yes that's the name, us older guys have a little memory problem with. Just point us in the general direction and stay away from my back wheel. Everything else happens on auto-pilot.

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
Bought a new, leftover '08 WR250F. Got e-start, put on a Scotts dampener, handguards, and a big old skid plate. Waiting on a JD jet kit this week and then I'm ready to ride. Keeping the XR250 for now, gotta do some work to it.
This thing in Hancock sounds pretty laid back and cool for a weekend trip. I'm definitely in if you guys are, I'm off all that weekend.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Yeah the Hancock thing is nice and laid back. There are cheap hotels in town and I think they allow primitive camping at the trail head. I'll get me details on it.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
even if I'm not riding by then I'd still come up just to say hello. It's been too long.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Congrats Andrew, hope I get to help you scratch it up soon! I'm getting tired of this cold ****. Now with all the snow in South Jersey even that's out of the question. I hate not riding for soooooooo long.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Papakeith said:
even if I'm not riding by then I'd still come up just to say hello. It's been too long.
OK Sally :nener:

If we do this in April it will be the first time on my bike for the season. I'll make sure it starts, then load it in the truck. If you are worried ablout being out of shape, don't. I'll be lagging behind with ya.

Nov 15, 2009
There's a Snow/Mud Hare Scramble at Evansville in Berwick, PA on March 7. I'm making a few modifications to my scooter, seriously thinking bout racing just for fun. It's always more fun to go into this thing with a few people, sounds like a fun spring ride to me...

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I had some work done to my knee late December. Not supposed to be abusing it just yet. I'm in fine shape- thankyou very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom