Apr 14, 2002
Woo Hoo! A new track in Oklahoma.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by OKKX'er
Will it be ready by Saturday or do we have to wait until Sunday?
Cool man.

I wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
As someone who had used a tractor to build a track be fore warned my friend it is a looong slow process. Plan on hours to build even the smallest jump. But the nice thing is you can do it the way YOU want. ;)

The more I think about the more I really don't want you to mess up your place. Why don't you bring it to the farm adn practice before you start at your place? :confused:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
maybe both!

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Keeping up with the Jones is gettin more expensive everyday! Really that is so cool Bswift! Like justql says it takes hours and hours, but thats part of the fun. Make a section, get on the bike and try it. If you don't like it, redo it.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Fortunately, I have a hillside to get my dirt.&nbsp; I shouldn't have to scrape for most of it.&nbsp; I'm hoping to get a small disk to break up the dirt where I will have to scrape.&nbsp;
The nice thing about the loader design is I can mount a straight blade on it in less than a minute.&nbsp; I have the blade but will have to fab the mount.&nbsp; This tractor is setup with hydraulic ports front and back.&nbsp; I would also like to find a used tiller.&nbsp; The backhoe attachment is $5500, that will have to wait for a while.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
A box blade with teeth works well to rip up tight soil. Another option is a 2 bottom plow. Being a four wheel drive you should be in great shape as far as traction however you go about moving dirt. I'll talk to dad and see if he has any auctions coming up with some small equipment in it.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
:thumb:

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Bswift,
Check out Tractor Supply. They have box blades and small 5' disk, bush hogs, etc. There prices are reasonable. As justql says farm auctions can be a good source, but be careful. You never know what your going to get. Sometimes for just a little more money you can buy new and not have to worry about break downs from old equipment.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Auctions are great if you shop around first and know what 'new' costs.&nbsp; The deal came with a box blade, mower, and trailer(16' tandem).&nbsp; Picked up last night.&nbsp; It will take some getting used to the controls but I think I'll like it.&nbsp;
Funny thing about the trip home, we stopped to fuel it up and got two different people wanting to buy it from us.&nbsp;

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Originally posted by BSWIFT
Funny thing about the trip home, we stopped to fuel it up and got two different people wanting to buy it from us.&nbsp;

Maybe its time for a new business! :thumb:

Top Bottom