medwaste

Dec 1, 2006
I was going to post this but got great info. when I did a search first. Things I have to take care of; Replace that sand on the far side of my tabletop with dirt { thanks MXGirl } Rework those kickers [ learned what those are from the glossary] & Oh Yeah- remove that stump from behind the first turn. Thanks DRN. If anyone has tips or websites, lead me to them. I'll appreciate it.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Any time you move dirt, think about drainage before you do. Amny people dig up dirt to create jumps and leave low spots that hold water...frequently either just before or just after a jump. It is much better to haul dirt in and build the track up than trying to move it around on previously flat ground.

KX250Dad

Dec 4, 2006
General Backyard Track Note: I think we can all agree a "safe" track at home is a good one. On the other hand safe for some can be boring to others. With this in mind my son and I build the jumps with options for varying rider skills. Example; locate a hill 15'-20' in front of a 40'-50' table. Thus when exiting the turn a dad can have fun jumping onto the table while the son jumps the total 60-70' You can follow this section up with a 25'-25'-25' triple just off the table landing thus the son with his speed up clears the triple and the dad rolls off the table double in roll out. Point is a well thought track can be both friendly and accomodate many skill levels. In closing, do the old guy's a favor and roll all landings...

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
LOL my favorite is "ZOIKS- What Scoobie says when Shaggie cases the big triple."

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom