motoxpress

~SPONSOR~
Oct 22, 2001
I went out to Goshen today to see if it was running and it was up and going (got lucky as they are not open every Saturday - they close the first and third saturdays of the month).

For those who have been there it is not really any different. It really needs some maintenance though - really beat up in front of the faces. I ended up going down on one because I picked a line with some erosion of the lip and it send my rear end really high - just scrapes though (Gotta get some knee and elbow protection).

The big revelation though was a new track in Eureka that is being built. We drove out to check it out and while it is still under construction it's mainly done. First thing I noticed was the soil. It is very soft but not sandy; more tacky than sand. I thin kit's probably some of the best soil I have seen on a Utah track. The track looks pretty big. It covered probably 20 + acres. There are some pretty largish obstacles (60 ft doubles + 70 ft triples), a VERY tall platform table(built on logs that has a tunnel through it, two large(50ft) tables right in a row (30-40 ft in-between). Some stepup/stepdowns, a fun looking rhythm section with 4 sets of doubles and an offset whoop section. There is more as well. It looks like a fun track. Apparently the National Guard unit there is doing it(?) and hope to have it open this spring. I'll take picts next time I head out that way. If you are headed to the dunes, Eureka is right there at the top of the first mount pass out of utah valley. The track is behind the school on the west side up next to the hills.

mx

Top Bottom