nkd

Mar 3, 2000
Can a hitch be put on the back of one of those travel trailers that
are pulled behind a vehicle?? I want to buy one for racing but then
I have no place to put my bike so I was going to mount once of those motorcycle carriers on the rear of the trailer. Thanks,
Nancy

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Nancy,
I'd be extremely cautious about mounting your bike on the back of a TT. Certainly it can be done but RVs are not known for being overbuilt and most of them are pretty darn flimsy as it is. You may want to consider a Toy Box trailer that you can put your bike inside.

Brian

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
NVR hit the nail on the head. Unless you plan on doing some steel work on the back end to beef it up, Im with NVR the back end of the trailers are way to flimsy.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
In California you can legally tow a second trailer behind a fifth wheel if you have a class A/doubles endorsement on your drivers license. I have heard though that people do get pulled over often with these rigs, as law enforcement wants to see if they are properly licensed.
My guess is that a good RV shop could put something on, or tell you if it's feasible. After all, they make hitches for many uni-body cars, which don't even really have a frame!

jski

Sponsoring Member
Apr 5, 2001
Hi,

I have been towing 2 trailers for over 5 years with no problems, I had a receiver hitch welded to the back of my 22 foot travel trailer and pull a 14 ft trailer behind it. If you do this you need to get a bolt on equalizer hitch and not the chain type for the first trailer and next make sure your weight is distributed correctly so the 2nd trailer doesn't whip, the first time you tow go out on the freeway with someone following you and go around 60 mph and see how it tracks and make corrections with the angle and weight as needed.

Top Bottom