Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I seems to me that the trials thing is gaining a little following each Dirt Week. Would it be possible to block out a longer time frame one day or maybe block a few days with a couple hours each day available? Dave & Lori did a stellar job setting up the progressivle harder "sections" but I think we really lost a lot of the interesed folks when the HS was starting. As a general rule it seems more woods type folks are in to the trials thing if that helps with planning.

Also Martin Belair has indicated he'd really like to have a US Montesa stand or something there if he can make it, possibly with some demo rides available. :yeehaw:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Darn I thought you were asking about my job

Pat not riding last year I didn't get to see what you had setup-
was it for trials bikes only or for MX bikes?
I know you formatted it for all levels but could you do just parts and then catch your breath (oldguys have to know)
Can I volunteer Okies palace to be part of the course?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Actually Dave & Lori did the majority of the setup and Dave did an awesome job teaching it. It was formatted for all levels and all bikes. We lost people as we went along because there was the HS getting ready to start and because things did get progressivly more difficult, but not to any level that it couldn't be ridden on a big bike. Plenty of breathing time as each person took turns running a "section". The trials bikes did get passed around to anybody that wanted to try them out. I do recall Okie coming by a few times when I was playing around on the pile of telephone poles and giving me the "Damn dude you ain't right in the head" look.

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
Pat, I think it needs to be advertised more, and not at the same time as another event. I never new there was anything going on with the trials bikes. I'd listen and play!

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Zoomer said:
Pat, I think it needs to be advertised more, and not at the same time as another event. I never new there was anything going on with the trials bikes. I'd listen and play!

Ditto!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Just cancel the MX races it we'll be set.

Top Bottom