Triple clamps, over sized bars and mounts!

teknoterd

Jun 28, 2001
hey there fellow DRNrs,
i was just wondering what all you guys with late model 99-03 bikes are running in the way of top triple clamps, over sized bars and bar mounts, and i was also wondering what sort of $$$$ u paid for them.
i my self have a 01 CR125 with stock bars, mounts and triple clamps and i am looking to upgrade to oversized bars and probably a new top triple clamp.
any thoughts or experiances would be appreciated.

merlinnn

~SPONSOR~
Nov 30, 2002
I just replaced the bars on my yz 250 03 with pro tapers and used a universal adaptor. That alone cost about $260.00, plus a pad at $30. I couldn't justify the cost of a triple clamp with my riding ability.

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
'00 yz250 has pro-taper 3 clamp with pro taper bars
apx $225 w/ pad

'03 yz85 has an emig-racing 3 clamp with pro taper bars
apx $225 w/ pad minus the gift cert Oldguy hooked me up with...Thanks again Dave!

markthomps

Sponsoring Member
May 27, 2000
I run oversize bars on all 3 race bikes and wouldn't be without them. More comfortable and MUCH less likely to bend (I'm a Pro at bending bars). The universal kit I use and sell is about $45. I prefer Azonic doublewall bars, but they're slightly pricey, then TAG T-2 and Renthal FatBars in about that order. I think the Pro Tapers are overpriced for what they offer. For triple clamps, I run a custom unit in anodized red from PRC, but there are many choices. Tag sells a reasonably priced kit (a bargain really) that includes the bar and top triple clamp and pad. I sell all this stuff as we're dealers. Shoot me an email at markthomps@juno.com if interested in a quote. You can get the universal bar mounts and an oversize bar for well under $150. You can also find these items on eBay.

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
I have RG3 Top Triple Clamp, Renthal TwinWall bars (Windham bend), with anti vibe inserts. :thumb:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I'm using an applied triple clamp ($125) w/ Pro-Tapers (bought for $50 from a freind) I kinda wish i would of got a clamp w/the vibration reducer set up..

danielst

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 20, 2002
I'm running TAG oversize bars. I bought the GPR Pro Stablizer kit which had the top triple clamp, stabilizer mount and GPR Stabilizer. It's pricey at around $450 - $475 but it's a quality setup.

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
I have 03 YZ250 with Applied Racing top clamp. Not happy with the supposed forward settings. They are supposed to be 16mm further out than stock but after lining them up they are exactly the same. I was really disappointed with this because I'm a tall rider and needed the extra room. The rubber mount is a must. helped huge!

Then I run Pro Taper Windham bend. Whole thing cost about $240 (pad included).

BEst deal out there right now would probably be the Tag Special Kit for $199 for Bars, top clamp, and pad.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom