TCParks&Rec

Oct 3, 2008
As some of you know we have been working on building a Motocross Track at our park and were hoping to have it open this weekend, but things have now changed.

Unfortunately the track will not open this weekend, but will be ready on Monday, November 17th. Due to the rains we are going to have to do some touchups and then wanted to give it a day or so to setup before getting a lot of traffic on it. As of right now we cannot get the equipment back in there to due the work that is needed, but should be able to get it in there by Friday or Saturday. This also allows me a little more time to get everything setup correctly to make sure that it is rode on correctly and not trashed like some of our other areas have been.

One thing I would like ask all of you, is that if you are out riding and see people who are not treating this area with respect that you try to teach them how to properly ride on the track so that it doesn't become junk.

I know a lot of you are wanting to see pictures of the track, which I dont have any good ones but I will try to give a decent description of it. We have 4 table tops that range from 4ft-6ft in height and 30-60ft in length, there is also a step-up from 3-5ft with about a 15ft gap in between, there are also 2 rythm sections that are pretty technical one of which is an optional route, and one whooped out section. We also have a high speed flat area which can also be bypassed by taking a shorter route. This section was added just to spread everything out for when it is really busy out there. Total track length is a little over a mile, when timed the other day it took one rider about 1.5 minutes to complete a lap taking the shorter route. The whole track is about 16ft in width so there is plenty of room for all rider types. The pavilion and entry area are not completed yet, but will be in the near future. Once that area is completed we will have an entry/exit and pedestrian area along with a 24ft pavilion for people to watch the riders.

If you do make it out to ride this weekend you can take a look at it, since it is all visible from the trail system, just please do not ride on it until Monday. It will definitely be worth the wait until the 17th.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Sweet!

I can't wait to do some laps out there!!!!

sentrek

Oct 4, 2008
Yeah, i was checking it out this past weekend, it looks sweet!!! I cant wait to try it out myself..

TCParks&Rec

Oct 3, 2008
It is now open unless we have a decent amount of rain and then I will close it so that it does not get messed up. Check out my other post that includes from pictures from Monday

sentrek

Oct 4, 2008
Yes you do...
You can buy one there when you pay to get in, 7 days a week. I bought mine on a sunday morning. Very convenient and a decent place to ride as well.

sentrek

Oct 4, 2008
Trophy club park or the track? The entrance to the track is on the right as you drive in, about 500 feet before the first parking area.

sentrek

Oct 4, 2008
Trophy Club Park at Grapevine Lake
2885 Marshall Creek Road
Trophy Club, Texas 76262
Park Office: 817-491-9616
Administration Office: 682-831-4672
Fax: 817-490-0705

sentrek

Oct 4, 2008
No Problem.
I just noticed your also in Carrollton, maybe i can meet up with ya some weekend the weather is a little nicer. I just got a little work to do yet to the bike which i should finish this week and i'll be ready to rip. This saturday i am takin the kid-o to the freestyle motocross at Amarican Airlines Center...Woohoo...

DougTx

~SPONSOR~
Oct 5, 2008
Rode Trophy Club on Saturday 1/17

Well I got back out on Trophy Club this weekend.

Here are some quick thoughts....

1.) I wish I had a job collecting shinny bolts and screws on the trail and near the MX track... I would be rich :)

2.) I am saddened to hear that some people (more like animals) were tearing down no parking signs and acting like fools enough that the Trophy Club Police had to come and look out for a bit (nice guys and it seemd to help keep crazies under control). If I catch you diong it I will turn you in so fast it will make your head spin. I am grateful to have a park that close to my house I can ride on when I don't have the time to get to some of the farther away venues. Plus I like it there. Be nice or go home.

3.) The MX track is just plain fun. Lot's of people on the track but everyone was courteous for what I experienced and safe. A few scrapped elbows and such that I saw but no one the worse for the wear. (Wear your PADS!!!, armor up folks!)

4.) Little kids are fearless, I had a few kids on tiny KTM and other bikes tearing it up on the MX track... they are awesome and it is really fun watching them get into it (they even wave sometimes as they roost me!)

5.) An XR 400R even with the right suspension is not the correct bike for MX track with a 255 lb man on it :coocoo:

6.) See number 5... I had fun anyway...

7.) The track has become really hard packed already...what causes that? Is it lack of water? to much traffic? Some people blame the quads (and there are a bunch out there) but is that true? Anyway it is still fun and some of the sandy corners held up well and it is still lots of fun.

Hope to see you guys out there... parking got tight twoard the middle of the day (it was croweded for parking but track was not too bad). I drive a big white Silverado 2500 extended bed and a red XR400R. If you see me come say hello.

Top Bottom