TCParks&Rec

Oct 3, 2008
Just found this forum and saw that there was at some time discussion about the park, so I figured I would register and give a little update.

As many of you have heard we are indeed working with Red Bull in order to renovate our Motocross Area. The renovation will now begin on October 14th. So that area will be closed from the 13th through completion. Once completed we will open the area up and then have an official unveilling sometime in November.

The trails are not in perfect shape right now but I have been working on them as much as possible. All of the ragweed that lines certain sections of the trails is starting to fall over and get in the way of the riders. I have been going out there every other day in order to try and keep it out of the way and clear it back. For the most part riders are following the directional arrows, but we do have a couple who decide to do their own thing, which is not going to be good for the park and other riders in the long run.

I am also trying to get a volunteer group together to help make sure riders are acting correctly as well as to help on work days throughout the month. Currently a couple guys from DfwHonda come out on Mondays to help for a couple of hours, but besides that it is just me doing the maintenance in the trails. So volunteers will definitely help out. If you are interested or have any other questions please feel free to email me.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Nice to hear from you Terry.

I was out there the day of the grand opening.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
I can't wait to see what Red Bull does w/ the MX area!

TCParks&Rec

Oct 3, 2008
Motocross area construction got pushed back to November 3rd due to other commitments that Red Bull has in the coming weeks, but that is the latest that the construction will start.

The area should definitely be great once it is completed. We have currently talked about having some new jumps (none bigger than 6ft) some off-camber turns of course some whooped out sections, table tops and doubles. The layout is going to utilze a lot of the current course but be widened minimum of 15ft but hopes of 20ft and will be lengthened to almost a mile from the current 6/10. There will also be a walking path back to the area and a shade structure with seating for coaches/parents/family to watch from. We will also have the area fenced off and gates at the entrance and exit so that it can be closed when it is too wet.

Top Bottom