Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
The biggest issue is selecting a weekend on which to hold the event. There are quite a few sanctioned organizations here in the northeast, ECEA, NETRA, WNYOA, etc. Each organization has different race/ride dates to try and work around. Rather than selecting a weekend I feel it’s best that everyone get a chance to vote for one that best fits into their schedule. Again, it will be a weekend event with marking the trail on Saturday, a potluck dinner Saturday evening and holding the poker run on Sunday. The final selection will be based on member response as well as property availability.

Last edited:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I didnt vote since it doesnt matter much to me what weekend, as long as it a weekend. I'd still have to get sunday off but is easier than a friday. Only thing i have is a poker run in Ohio on July 5-7. So the first weekend listed would be hard for me to get off.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
C'mon Woods you know that you want to hold the fest on the 17-18th!
Change your vote! :)

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
When is not a big deal to me , it's the where. Albany area is about a 4 hour drive for me. Not to bad if it's a weekend thing. I would rather stay in a motel instead of a tent. At least I could take a shower and believe me you want me to shower. I sweat like a pig. :scream: :moon:
When we know where and when I can schedule the following Monday off for travel. I'm old and need al bed to sleep in. :whiner:
It's about time you guys started to post again, I was getting lonely. :aj:

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Papa - The 18th is the Speedsville Enduro and Dual Sport Ride which is in roughly the same area as one of the proposed sites for holding the poker run. If you're thinking you'll miss the Rhody, rumor has it that this enduro has been cancelled for this year. :(

Dapper - We're contemplating a site in central NY, closer to you. I'll probably bring my porta-shower complete with blue tarp curtain. ;)

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
:eek: Hope it's a really big tarp :moon:
Central NY would be cool :aj:

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
Originally posted by WoodsRider
If you're thinking you'll miss the Rhody, rumor has it that this enduro has been cancelled for this year. :(

Last time I talked to Pete Tanner it was still on. No RI. state land will be used. But things are subject to change.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
DJ - I found this floating around in another forum:
Little Rhoddy Enduro - Canceled

Times are changing for the worse in Rhode Island. The Rhoddy Rovers M/C is having serious land problems. Their famous enduro "Little Rhoddy", shceduled for August 11th is expected to be canceled. Rhoddy may still have some sort of event on that date, but it will not be a ECEA Championship Enduro Event.
I know they cancelled their turkey run last year due to problems with the state land.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Any date could work for me. I just need a week to work my schedule.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I picked Aug 3&4 but any date except July 21 (Unadilla Nat) or July 14 will work for me.

Dapper, Don't worry about showering, Woods gets pretty darn ripe himself :p

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
The Little Rhody is not canceled. It will be run on private property. It will however not be a co-sancutioned event as an ECEA event. NETRA enduro only.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
July's no good for us, so I voted for 8/10-8/11. Hopefully we'll have some free time in between our enduro and fall harescrambles. August seems like the best bet for that.

Silverback

Jan 4, 2002
August would be good for me. :cool:

Dapper if we do it right with the roostamatics, you will need a shower at the car wash anyway. :p
I could bring the pressure washer and the skunk wash for the dog if it would be of any help. :eek:
Sleeping won't be a problem! You can sleep just about anywhere once the early stages of rigormortis sets in! :scream:

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
7-20 , 7/21

I should have read RMGs post 1st. I am open on to about half the dates listed, so you can dissregard one of the votes for 7/20and 21. Maybe a few of us could meet up at Unadilla .

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Flubie - In the interest of a fair democratic process I have removed your vote as you requested above. You probably can't vote again so just let me know what dates work out best for your schedule and I'll add it in.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
July 13-14 is out for me as I will be in Colorado the week before that weekend and the week after. First week in August is best for me.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Hall pass?

Im not sure if Im allowed in here, since you guys never officially "invited" me in :whiner:, but anyway I voted for Aug 3/4. Planning to go to Unadilla this year, (check out post in Places to Ride"), and would like to do some local riding in the area.

Dennis Meyers

~SPONSOR~
Nov 24, 2000
Any weekend is alright with me except July 13-14, that's my daughters birthday party. Doc should be letting me ride by then, I get fitted for my CTI2 this Tuesday, the 9th. Sounds like fun, the last time I rode was the Poker Run in Newton Falls NY last fall, just a few of us dumb dirtbikers sharing the trails (I mean mud bogs) with over 700 Quads. :eek:

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Psst Wayne, this thread doesn't require an invite.
I posted to your Unadilla message thread.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
I have no idea when I'm getting back to NYS. I'm in San Diego and will be for the forseable future. Damn.

rohnman

May 31, 2001
Woods, July is fairly booked up with Unadilla on the 20/21, and a 2-day national D/S in Hancock,NY the 27/28th. Aug looks better with the only "local" event being the Red Fox Turkey run on the 25th. I'm game for either of the first three weekends.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
August 3 & 4 still works best....now I have a little time to get back to reality here. Around here the riding has been terrific this last week. Added some more trails, made a bunch of existing trail "horse" spec, and dug a fire pit for barbeque's. Mowed around 60 acres. Have to disc around 50 as well....hope to be packing hay away during that week in August as well. Still have 40-50 acres untouched by motorcycle trails needing some attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom