rwhitlock

Dec 11, 2002
I have an '03 YZ450F with a 19" rear wheel. Anyone out there with an 18" wheel (YZ or WR) that would like to trade?

It's a long story, but it boils down to me needing to run a certian tire that is only made in an 18" size.

Thanks,

Rod

rwhitlock

Dec 11, 2002
Not sure if I like it yet or not... I am actually dropping in a CR 500 motor into the YZ 450 F chassis.

I am about 75% done. Need to work on the radiators and the air boot for the carb and thats about it.

-- Rod

jski

Sponsoring Member
Apr 5, 2001
I would like to see the bike when you are done if you don't mind. Where do you ride at rwhitlock? We go to the dunes all the time and it sounds like you are making a great dune bike.

rwhitlock

Dec 11, 2002
jski..

I ride a lot in the mountains east of Springville. Hobble creek area. Also, up tibble fork by mineral basin.

The main thing the bike is used for is hill climbing. I travel to Cal twice a year, Billings and the Widowmaker. I also run a Yamaha FJ 1200 in a custom frame, for hill climbing. I'm not sure how to post a pic in a message, so drop me your email and I'll send you some pics. I need to get the radiators modified a bit, but other than that it's almost done.

Seems like I have had to modify every little thing... motor mounts, cdi brackets, coil brackets, exhaust mount points, etc.. but hey, you won's see very many blue CR's...

Rod

jski

Sponsoring Member
Apr 5, 2001
Thanks Rod my e-mail is jski5793@cs.com.

We usually ride at the dunes I have a 2000 CR-500 along with a 1986 ATC 500R that has a built 87 500 that we hill race with up sand mountain. The 3-wheeler is actually a 87 CR-500 frame with the 86 ATC front and a +12 custom swingarm.

Didn't get the chance to make it to Widowmaker maker this year but heard it was a good turnout. So isn't there also a Travis Whitlock that hill climbs?

Thanks again Rod.

Jim

Top Bottom