bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
Hello Ray,

I'm at the point now where I can't stand Watkins and that goes for Erie also. Watkins by far is my favorite track in Colorado when it is groomed, but how often is that. Never. The jumps are nice except for the holes in the takeoffs and landings. I wish Watkins would put forth some effort because in my opinion they have the best layout in Colorado.

Erik

Ray3667

Mar 20, 2004
It was a premature post anyway , I gues its to the mountains for me this weekend now.....How do you like aztec? always groomed and lotsa sandy clay mix!

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
When aztec is race prepped it is perfect, but for practice prep it dries out real quick, and it is mostly clay and very little sand except for one or two dry creekbeds it runs through. Good track though, if i can get the bike back together i'll be out there on Sunday.

pace

Nov 21, 2003
Watkins was in pretty bad shape this weekend. They had graded all the berms flat, and didn't water at all on Sunday - relying on the previous nights rain to keep the track moist. Of course, that lasted about 2 hours before the track turned into a big dust bowl.

It's my favorite track also, but I'm beginning to get a little annoyed by the lack of up keep. Even Lakewood does a better job.

-Pace

Ray3667

Mar 20, 2004
Lakewood is a pile of crap!!!! I used to live in GM (5 mins away ) and I would have rather drove to Springs to ride , than ride there....then theres berthoud. A reakky great natural terrain course.

pace

Nov 21, 2003
Ray3667 said:
Lakewood is a pile of crap!!!! I used to live in GM (5 mins away ) and I would have rather drove to Springs to ride , than ride there....then theres berthoud. A reakky great natural terrain course.

Lakewood now has semi-regular prepping and regular watering, and dirt is being trucked in. It's much better than it was even a year ago, but still can't compete with Berthoud. Sad to say, but Lakewood currently preps and waters more frequently than Watkins.

-Pace

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
Actually I think Lakewood preps too much. They constanly water and it turns into a mud pit in some places. They got right too water this years, so talk about unlimited use. They do prep on SAT and SUN and i think WED. Go there it is so much better than it was. I also like it cause it actually ruts up and has accelaration and braking bumps. Berthoud to me is very boring. Don't get me wrong it is a great track, but very easy. Its more of a grand prix type track and it seems when ruts and bumps start forming they groom it. I grew up riding in the NorthEast which is the defintion of ruts, I'm talking ruts going up jump faces to 1' deep in corners and super rough. The track out here don't really prepare the younger guys on what they will face when they go to nationals. They are too smooth, except Lakewood now. ok sorry about the ramble.

Erik

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
On race day the track is prepped for ruts bedell, on practice days they can be dusty highways with bumps, but that is the soil they are blessed with.

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
All i have to say is watkins was amazing on Sunday. Never before did I see ruts like that in Colorado. They where deep and looked like combs. I wish it would rain more often like that.

Erik

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
I hate when I go to a motocross track and they let the dirt get filthy and it has bumps and ruts everywhere. How are you supposed to go fast on a bumpy track? And that dirty dirt jacks up my cool gear.

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
kawigreen1 said:
Lake Wood Sucks- Dirt Is Filthy-jumps Are All Rough- Oonly Good Part Is Start And North Hill

I don't get it. The hate that is. Lakewood is pretty decent IMHBSO.

TZ

Top Bottom