We put our YZ80 front end on our TTR125 today

Vegas 250 F

May 14, 2001
My son rides the small wheel version of the TTR125 and he destroyed his front rim and hub last month at practice. Rather than fix the stock set-up we decided it was a good time to convert to a YZ80 front end. It really is a very simple conversion! Only took us a few hours to do everything . . . A simple bolt together. Now we have to take it out and let him ride it so we can start tuning the suspension. We also plan to bolt on a BBR swingarm to even out the ride and also the Works Performance shock.

Here is a breakdown of costs for anyone interested:

$400.00 Complete front end minus the master cylinder
85.00 Used master cylinder
80.00 New fork springs
15.00 New fork oil
73.00 New Renthal bars - optional
9.00 New grips - optional
24.00 New brake pads - optional
9.00 Brake fluid to flush system - optional
33.00 New blue front fender - optional
96.00 New factory fork guards - optional
50.00 New front tire - optional

$874.00 Total to date. Only $580.00 of this is mandatory though. We were able to complete the entire job in one afternoon.

We also plan to put on a BBR swingarm and Works Performance shock to even out both ends of the bike. We will give a full ride report as soon as we get the rear end finished up and get him out to the track. After riding it at one practice I plan to take the forks to a suspension shop and have them revalved and fine tuned for him. Jeremy Wilkey replied to me in another post and said that this was not necessary, but I figure it can't hurt so we are going to do it anyway. I hope the southern California branch of MX-tech can do the job for me. (Since I am taking his bike down I guess I should just get mine done at the same time :D )

Please feel free to email us if you want any insight into the project. bilwil@lvcm.com

Top Bottom