23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Picked up a set of Enduro Engineering bark busters tonight, so that is tomorrow morning's project. Any special tips from the KDX fraternity? :cool: I have already read that the bar ends will be a bit of a chore to get out, and the vibration will be worse without them. But will probably wait till I tweak the stockers good before going with a set of Tag's.

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
nice guards ,i had to use a spacer on the brake side to position my lever where i wanted it due to the master.i have a short msr clutch lever so not sure if that's a prob.bar ends? u mean the plastic plugs in the stock bars?if so drill a hole in em and pry em out with a screw driver or punch.u'll never need em again if u always have a set of real b busters.

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
23j i ment it ,i looked at my post .i'm not bein sarcastic i like em .i tested them esp a week ago on a nonmovable tree .....saved my fingers .i just fudged a bit to get stuff where i like it :)

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Gooby - can you give me a part number or something for that shorty clutch lever? I looked at the MSR web site, but it seems to be all hosed up. Got the bars on this morning, and man are they hell for stout. But the clutch lever is a bit long. I like to have it where my middle finger rides right in the middle of the bend. In order to get these to clear the bars, it needs to slide too far in to be comfortable. A shorty lever would be perfect.

davidg

Apr 30, 2002
You could cut the ball off the end of the lever. I was worried about doing it to mine, but I don't notice it at all while riding.

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
So that is a plug in the ends of the bar??? WOW! LOL! I didn't know that! I ended up drillin them through aboth three inches, and the tappin them for the bolt. kindof kept the vibrations down by doing that.

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
gnarly - I ended up doing the same thing! (great minds?) Once I cut the grips off & saw how far back the plugs went, and they are spot welded in 3 places, thought that was probably the strongest way of fastening the grip end of the bars. Kind of a tedious job, tapping an 8 x 1.25 that deep, but they are definitely solid.

Top Bottom