Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
I'll be making the hike up Guadalupe Peak in April w/some buds and I'm toying with the idea of bringing a bike or three if there is any riding out that direction.

I know there's a "4x4 ONLY" dirt road to a day use area inside the park, but have no idea if they'll allow non-plated bikes.

Anything else out there worth taking a look at?

:ride:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
All roads in GPNP are just that ... roads ... non plated vehicles are not allowed. The same goes for BBNP.

North and west of the park is an area were the people and towns are few and far between. I'm betting you could ride there, but it is a long way from services.

Gene and Jim have been to a place just NW of El Paso where the riding is open.

Get a DS bike, you will never go back. :)

152893485-M.jpg

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Proxy said:
Anything else out there worth taking a look at?

:ride:

Carlsbad Caverns
The Commemorative Air Force Museum in Midland/Odessa
The WASP Museum in Sweetwater

There is always the Kermit Sandhills. I heard they are open again.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
I liked it better when it was the Confederate Air Force. Damn the PC. Oh yeah, what Tony said. DualSports are a gotta have. There are some kickass roads that are only available to bikes with plates.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
tx246 said:
I liked it better when it was the Confederate Air Force. Damn the PC. Oh yeah, what Tony said. DualSports are a gotta have. There are some kickass roads that are only available to bikes with plates.

+1 on the Confererate Air Force ... PC bull****

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
You ****** b*st@rds! (RB's for short). Anyway, about an hour north of El Paso, off Highway 54 between Orogrande, N.M., and Alamogordo, there's an abandoned quarry a mile west of the highway. It's surrounded by miles of desert trails, some of which lead into the Jarilla Mountains to the south, and some that go north to the Red Sands riding area. It's great riding. Call me if you want more info. (214) 437-9187.

Jim

Top Bottom