MX221

Jul 21, 2000
we can't even find anything to talk about.

If anyone is interested, I'm going to race the first round of the Texas Series @ mossier valley this sunday. I would love to see some of you there, and meet some of you I don't know.

We are going to have to get on the ball and start riding/benchracing together. Where is are so called Pres? ;)

Shane

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Well.... Why don't we get the ball rolling by setting up a tailgate party for the Dallas SX and then tackle the difficult task of prying some of us away from Shiny Groove for some outings.

I'll see if I can find a map of Texas Stadium and it's parking areas. From there we can pick a location.

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Yeah, I'm up for that. And some racing too.............

Shane, I may join you Sunday at Mossier, looks like the TCCRA deal at Shiloh Ridge this weekend is going to turn into a mud feast. :scream:

Is this Texas series open to anyone?

MX221

Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by taraker
Is this Texas series open to anyone?

No it isn't open to anyone, you've got to have $$$$. Yes it's open to everyone! That would be great if you wanted to come out. BTW there is a chance of it raining out :mad:

Shane

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
I tend to agree w/ Shane. It has been way too long since we have all gotten together for riding and/or bench racing and this forum has been dead for a while.

This weekend looks bad for riding, but maybe we could all meet up for lunch one day next week. Thoughts?

-jeffd

MX221

Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by jeffd
but maybe we could all meet up for lunch one day next week. Thoughts?
-jeffd

That's a good idea, but I'm flying to cali this week. Count me out but let me know what the outcome is.

Shane

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I was about to suggest an NTSP ride on the Monday after the Dallas SX but then I looked at my calendar. I have to advise GWB again that week. The Dallas SX tailgate is a must do.
Salsa showdown - Taraker, I'm uh callin' ya out! Twin/Jeff/MX221 and Thump can judge. Can't let them north of the Red River in because they wouldn't know good Tex/Mex if it bit them. :p

:uh:

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by slo' mo
I was about to suggest an NTSP ride on the Monday after the Dallas SX but then I looked at my calendar. I have to advise GWB again that week. The Dallas SX tailgate is a must do.
Salsa showdown - Taraker, I'm uh callin' ya out! Twin/Jeff/MX221 and Thump can judge. Can't let them north of the Red River in because they wouldn't know good Tex/Mex if it bit them. :p

:uh:

WoooHoo! A Salsa shootout. Man, count me in. I am a Chips and Salsa nut. Food of the gods if ya ask me... Slo'mo I have heard folks talking about your salsa for a year now. It must be good. But as an official judge I can't let that fact sway my vote. However, a $20 in my palm just might help your cause though... :eek:

Taraker - you make salsa? FYI, there is no WD-40 allowed in the salsa as a "secret flavor enhancer". ;)

-jeffd

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Hey, what about me? Actually, the old man was asking me about tailgating at the SX with you guys, but I hadn't had time to find out anything. How many of yall are going to Muenster the day after Dallas SX? Anybody plan on bringing any other food besides salsa? I make some mean queso :) . How bout some burgers and dogs maybe? Anybody else gonna go wonder around the pits for a bit?

We need to organize some rides comin up. Maybe if we put something together at a MX track I can get the old man outta the woods for a day. Preferrably not Brushy Creek, because while it's super close, that's not a real track. I'm good for anything after May 23, but mainly for Saturdays cause I have to work most Sundays. Sadly, between now and May 23, I only get to ride day after SX and at the Mesquite TCCRA race. I'm sure my dad would love to go ride with yall though. :cool:

txvintage

Sponsoring Member
Apr 20, 2001
I have turned to the North and made a pilgrimage to Central Yamyhaul. I am now armed with tics and pit passes. I think we'll get to the stadium around 3 or so as the plan stands now.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
I am set for the SX as well. I got the hookup and scored 8 tickets and pit passes. Tickets are located in Section 9, row 4, seats 101-108. Woooohooo!

I am looking forward to tailgating with you good folks for sure. Even if all we have to munch on is chips and salsa. :)

The day after the SX is a tough call. TORO has a ride planned and there is a ride planned at Muenster too (Hearland Spodes). I gotta think about that one for a while. :think:

-jeffd

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Did somebody say meet for lunch?

Did somebody else say salsa?

Dirtbikes and food. Two things that rate very highly on my 10 favorite thing list. I'd like to meet some of you guys. If nothing else I'll be at the SX with the loving and very tolerating wife in-tow.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
I tell you what, if you guys want to all pitch in a little, we've got a little fold up grill that we've used to tailgate before and we'd be happy to bring some burgers and dogs if yall want more than chips and salsa. I have to work till 2 so we prolly won't be able to get there till like 3ish though. I think we should eat somewhere between the pits closing and races starting. It's boring just sitting up there in the stadium, so I think we should use that hour and a half to eat. :)

We got our tix at Central too. I dont' remember what section though...

Jeff, I thought taht was a tough call to make too. We decided on Muenster though, because there will be more riding for your buck. I dunno if I want to be with all them people on a 10 mile track all day long. I'd rather be able to pick and choose, plus I've never got to meet any of the Heartland bunch. That kinda tipped the scale for me.

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by yzguy15
Anybody plan on bringing any other food besides salsa? I make some mean queso :) . How bout some burgers and dogs maybe? Anybody else gonna go wonder around the pits for a bit?

:cool:

There will definitely be food. Last year I had brought fixins for chicken fajitas and Thump brought some Bratwurst for the grill. I would suggest we opt for starting a menu.
I will definitely be bringing more stuff for chicken fajitas. Salsa is a given.

We need someone to ante up for the drinks of non adult nature, maybe some burgers and fixins, chips and hopefully Thump will bring the DRN grill again, if Okie doesn't still have in on the corporate yacht.

anyone volunteering for addititonal items? :cool:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
We can bring sodas and any burger fixins (ie, ketchup, mayo, lettuce, etc etc). I could definately go for some bratwursts. Mmmmm, bratwurst. (making salivating noise) :)

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
No matter what I do, I just can't get my dad to go this year, but I will drag him out to Muenster the following day. Man, I wish I could make it :(

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Ooops....Just posted under my dads I.D. Dontcha just hate it when that happens :o

Txbigguy

Camp Tejas Chef
N. Texas SP
Jan 14, 2002
Hey guys I saw another post where some guys are going up to Badlands for the day on Monday after the SX. I am planning on going and would love to meet some of you guys. Any of you going?

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
txbiguy...

are you going to badlands on monday? we are trying to get a final list together. i believe mx547 has already sent the check to the track. anybody else gonna show? great opportunity to meet drn people and get on a track with little traffic. thump are you coming?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Looks like Justql and I are going to be there. We've both been diagnosed with PDSX syndrome. (Post Dallas Supercross) :scream: :p
From the AMA(american medical association) ;) PDSX is a clamity caused by exposure to high flying motorcycles on a closed course in a confined space.
Treatment: Sufficient seat time on a motorcycle causing muscle fatigue, dust injestion, giving the sufferer a sense of uforia and a distinct smile on their face. Several treatments are recommended. However, this syndrome is non-curable. Repeated treatments are necessary for long term relieve of the symtoms.

Last edited:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by BSWIFT
Looks like Justql and I are going to be there.

now you tell me. i spent an hour cleaning out my truck tonite thinking that i was going to have to bring big lou back to oklahoma. at least i found that jacket that has been missing.

i've had pdsx for years. this is my annual check-up. :D

Txbigguy

Camp Tejas Chef
N. Texas SP
Jan 14, 2002
I will be there and my riding buddie will be there as well. I am also bringing one of my walking wounded buddies to take some video. I will put together a video with some cool editing and music of all of us and post it back up here. :aj:

Top Bottom