elcamino12sec

Jan 16, 2006
I have a problem with boots. I wear size 14 so finding them to try on is almost impossible. I have the Thor Quadrant now which has a very tall toe and makes it very hard to shift. Other than that I really like the boots. What boots are out there that you feel has a short toe area?

elcamino12sec

Jan 16, 2006
Im in the proscess of finding a longer shifter, however from the bottom of the sole to the top of the boot where the shifter touches measures about 4.5 inches. The top of the boot has to squish way down before another shift happens, this results in quite a bit of movement in my foot. I took my bike for a quick spin yesterday with tennis shoes on just testing a pipe, I was amaised with how little I had to move my foot to shift compared to when I am wearing my boots.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Take a look ate the Alpinestars line, the toe contour looks shorter in their images, and, based on comparing my son's Tech4S to my Quadrants, it is a pretty accurate depiction. If you can find them in a local shop, even in the wrong size, you will be better able to estimate how tall the toe will be in your size.

Top Bottom