What type of riding would you like to see at a Damn Yankees Spodefest?

• Supercross style

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Motocross style

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Woods/trail riding

Votes: 32 66.7%
  • Grass tracks

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Trials

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sand or gravel pits

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Freestyle MX

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Flat track

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I'm kind of curious to see what kind of riding all you "Damn Yankees" would prefer to see at our Spode Fests. Take the poll and let your voice be heard.:)
North Easterners only please.

Last edited:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Had to add FMX to the list for Trigger!:confused:
And another thing.
Don't just vote and leave. Vote then post some information about where you might like to see a fest happen.

Last edited:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
For those that are curious about why they can only make one choice. . .
I intentionaly left this poll as a single pick because I wanted to get an idea what the favorite single type of riding was. Of the choices I like three or four of them but there is only one that I like above the others. Later on we can have a mixed bag. For now, I'd rather everyone just pick the one type of riding they like best. That way we can guage what our priorities should be when looking for sites for the fests.

Last edited:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
No problem. Of course you have forced me to pick MX:debil:

I have the power!!!! :p :p

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
I do enjoy trail riding the best .That being said , I would like to make a return trip to EBMX even though there is more MX/SX than trail riding . I also wouldn't mind checking out other areas in southern New England .

philb

Oct 28, 1999
I MUST visit DRN more often! Here you guys have gone and formed a club and I'm missin' it all. I am a woods/trailrider, but I can crash anywhere. I'd love to ride a natural terrain MX track(old style). I will travel a good distance to ride for a day or weekend. So, from NY State to Northern Va. is good for me.

Kramer

Jan 19, 2000
I'm with you phil, I feel like Rip Van Winkle!

For me it's gotta be woods, hills are a plus too. With some luck I could get to a group ride this year.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Gee Papa, I thought you added FMX for me. ;)
Actually I'm not really sure what type of riding I enjoy. :think
Oh wait, yeah woods, that's it. :scream:

Although I don't mind a little grass-track now and then and I did some flat-tracking on an XR100 last Saturday. If we hold a fest in winter can we include ice racing/riding?

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Well, duh! Trail riding, of course. Grass track/MX is okay for a short break (10 minutes), but goin' round in circles gets boring after awhile.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by RM_guy
So does bouncing off of trees:debil:
Dave - You're supposed to go around the trees.

Just thought I'd clear that up for you. ;)
Besides I think Lori was talking about flat-track. Obviously she's never ridden a TT course before.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
It's okay taraker, as there are three kinds of Texans.

The "Damn Yankee" Texan, the "Snow Bird" Texan and the "Mexican on his way to Oklahoma" Texan. :p

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
It sure would be nice if a place like Paragon built a MX track to go along with the 15000 acres of woods! :cool: GP-style, of course.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by wayneo426
It sure would be nice if a place like Paragon built a MX track to go along with the 15000 acres of woods! :cool: GP-style, of course.
Let's talk to them about it when we're down there next week. If they saw enough interst, who knows:)

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Im gonna try like hell to make that trip. I really want to check that place out. May also bring a few buds with me.

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
I can't make the 17th to Paragon but if you have another one there I probably can, if you guys take it easy on me. I have not been in the woods since 1977. I got a cramp just starting my bike. I have to get some mile on the old bod and the new bike.
Paragon is about a 5 hour drive for me. Not to bad, but that's about the limit for a 1 day thing.:think

eldenh

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2001
MX is my game, so got my vote. But someplace that can provide both woods and mx would be great. Never been to EBMX yet, but had the impression that they have hare scrambles there sometimes. Thunder Ridge has a MX track and woods trails for HS also.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I voted for Woods/Trails. I can make it anywhere as long as its within a half a days drive and i have a running bike. Which looks like everywhere since i'm no where close to you guys, of course that might be a good thing! :p

Top Bottom