What in the Wide World of Sports?!

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
So what size dress you wearin' sally-I mean, we put more time on rehab of the knee in Arkansas woods than that last week-but then again I didn't lob the Sally tater bomb. :confused:

So...is the flame forum DOA or what? Simple minds such as myself want to know...

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Originally posted by CR Swade

So...is the flame forum DOA or what? Simple minds such as myself want to know...
When it started I thought you guys were gonna lay down a case for why this forum should be opened up but you reinforced the arguement to keep it the way it is :confused: Not sure where to move this thing :confused: You guys tell me where you think it belongs, ok ;)

moved

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Flame forum, plain and simple...so far it has been some common viewpoints as well as a little BS session.

You know, the original flame, it was a FLAME, was expressing lament over this whole police dog mentality. BBR shouldn't be questioned? I guess membership has its priveleges for starting flames also. Why not let a flame burn itself out instead of locking it down or moving it?

This little Leave it to Beaver Flame forum just needs to be killed or let it go. The original thread was and is motorcycle related, deal with it. Quit grinding axes and let some people talk.

BTW, SRKX where should Jason have started this tame little gripe session bout Flame forum, Waynoka toilets and whatnot?

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Did I say that I took issue with it being started in there???? Nope ;) But look what happened to it. I used to be an advocate for keeping the subject matter open in there but as the membership grew it got out of hand. This thread is a perfect example of why it can't be the way you want it. I had to wade thru a hundred posts a day that were for the most part meaningless babble. Like outhouses and poop camoflouge :p

Why not let a flame burn itself out you asked.... Because if left to run, most of the flames will turn into a free for all. If you seek the wide open free for all mentality there are a million places on the net you can visit. You already knew that. I had nothing to do with the BBR flames but someone that has the keys to the control panel did ;) I respect their decision.

Since we are gonna make a flame of this we may as well move it back but if you guys want to discuss your toiletry habits I'll delete it

In closing I'll say that rather than the anything goes all out flame forum I would cast my vote to remove it completely from DRN and when threads go bad in other areas just delete them ;) This place is for discussion not for flame wars. Why is it a problem for you that the flame board is the slowest forum on drn???? Isn't that the way it should be among friends. I don't think that ongoing or long running flame wars are what DRN is supposed to be about,. Seems like the flame board should be the slowest forum here.....

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Hmmm...I didn't see anybody taking issue w/ anybody in here-he just stuck up for a person he didn't know by saying "give him the benefit of the doubt before acting like a jackass". Those are my words, not quite so eloquent mind you.

Now you SRKX, you do seem to have an issue...keep in mind everybody was fine till' the mod(S) got bent.

I say let people talk or take the thing away completely. I vote for the latter...put this poor excuse of a discussion area down.

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
My view on the flames are this...Most check in the flame forum for entertainment sake only, most don't seem to care if its bike related or not and these flames are for the most part comical. There are a gozillion forums on here for dirt bike only. The flame forum should be an area for venting about anything a dirtbiker has a gripe with..I figure it is all dirt bike related because if you registered,subscribed or support team this site, that you are a dirt biker thus making any topic valid..granted we don't need the political/religious stuff.

These flames are harmless, if a post gets nasty get rid of it alone, not the whole thread. I always check the flame forum looking for comedy, now it seems to be just a tad stale.

I understand the perspective of the mods also, BUT, if there isn't anything being posted in a forum, why would a mod be needed??

This is a fun thread, looks as though there have been plenty of views and hopefully folks are enjoying the read...Jason

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Originally posted by Blue Thunder
There are a gozillion forums on here for dirt bike only.

These flames are harmless,

This is a fun thread, looks as though there have been plenty of views and hopefully folks are enjoying the read...Jason

Better count again country boy, I happen to know that there are two gazillion. The others are not viewable by rednecks so I guess thats an honest mistake :laugh:

Harmless you say - Jamie cried on the phone for hours last night ya big meanie!

FUN? This is amusing but ... Lets go ride gol-durn-it, now thats FUN. We can try and get a repeat of the Lou Helmet Toss that I missed :p

If you get a chance stop on over at Lou's and change my oil for me would ya?

PS - You did notice that my DW HS partner went red didn't ya? He says it'll make up for my 5 seconds this year :worship:

KTMBoy must be on super secret internet probation or something.

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Originally posted by TTRGuy

The others are not viewable by rednecks so I guess thats an honest mistake :laugh:

Obviously my bad, my gozenta's aren't my best subject!! ;)

Harmless you say - Jamie cried on the phone for hours last night ya big meanie!

That's just because he had to ride Lou's KTM and got DIRT ON IT...

FUN? This is amusing but ... Lets go ride gol-durn-it, now thats FUN. We can try and get a repeat of the Lou Helmet Toss that I missed :p

Lou does need an opportunity to better his previous attempt. I'll let you know when we head to White Rock next..

If you get a chance stop on over at Lou's and change my oil for me would ya?

I'm sure it has been done, nothing sits in that garage w/o getting some type of pampering!

PS - You did notice that my DW HS partner went red didn't ya? He says it'll make up for my 5 seconds this year :worship:

I talked to Mr. Bundy, he was trying to talk smack so early in the year..pffft..red, orange its all good, of course he will look like a polar bear riding a tricycle on that little bitty Honda...

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Eddie, are you throwin' the gaunlet down? That new scoot of mine actually has me jazzed and on the bike. Now my starts won't be as counted as on the trusty ol 01'CR-but let's just say I've spent more time on the bike already than most of last year combined.

Rusty this year for Dirtweek? Not a chance.Team Ugly is showin up smooth like 3 in 1 oil lookin' for another plaque.

Speak on Jason...

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
<self edit>
Screw it, I am sick of pissing people off. I am sorry Wade!

Last edited:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by Thunder 33
As far as the BBR thing. Who is to say? Maybe this guy had a personal beef with someone at BBR and wanted to make them look bad. That stuff happens

My personal opinion here since I didn't see the closing of anything till later but... I saw multiple posts by him about the BBR thing. A flame is one thing but posting the same flame in multiple forums is annoying. I would have deleted the posts too... not b/c of the content but b/c he was just spamming his complaint all over.

Ivan

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Ivan pretty much summed it up. If the braintrusts would pay attention they would realize that if we didn't want complaints about a specific company then the posts would be completely eliminated, but even the most dense among you can figure out that this guy's original complaint is still intact. The problems start when people start ranting a little TOO LOUD over something seemingly minor. It stinks of AGENDA, so the threads are closed, but AGAIN the original post wasn't deleted.

So while we realize all of you geniuses can do it much better than we can I'm afraid you are stuck with our flawed but well meaning attempts to keep this place from turning into RMD, or one of the other countless free for all sites.

Like someone much wiser than me once said, "nothing is impossible for the guy who doesn't actually have to do it" ;)

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Well....smack my ass and call me Charlie...brother Rich was calm and somewhat considerate...even considers me a genius...

So yer' tellin' me I'll be getting some mod keys any day now?? :eek:

BTW, no agenda here for me, just wanted to see some more action in the flame forum...

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Rumor has it, there's a warmer, softer influence on the master of flame these days ;)

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Originally posted by Okiewan
Rumor has it, there's a warmer, softer influence on the master of flame these days ;)

What's that I smell...yep, that is a can of worms for sure!! :scream:

Next thing ya know, Rich will be posting about the excellent facials and pedicures down at the local day spa he's been attending...

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Originally posted by XRpredator
another sign of the apocolypse -- a kinder, gentler Rich :scream:
:eek: Please! Say it ain't so!!!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Okiewan

I know Okie would sleep better if that were TRUE. His "I hate Rich cuz heez an azzhull" e-mail would drop by nearly 69 percent.

But fear not kids, as long as there are crybaby, blouse wearing moto-sallys roaming the hallowed halls of DRN , I'll be there to OUT them. :yeehaw:

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Now that's the Rich we know, proud to be a azzhull and working on it. :p

We only need one. :confused: not a forum of em. :laugh:

Spank me and call me Sally :moon:

mrmodine

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 2, 2002
Well....smack my ass and call me Charlie...brother Rich was calm and somewhat considerate...even considers me a genius...

LMAO!!! :laugh:

Where did this gentle giant come from anywho? I think that may be the kindest post I've ever seen from ol' double R!!

I got it! Instead of the Flame Forum, lets have a new Politically Correct or Sensitivity Training forum? :thumb: I think we have a mod for it...Blue Thunder has volunteered and maybe double R can help out too.

Last edited:

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
You guys just haven't been paying attention to ol' Rich lately. I think the aliens have beamed the real one back up and left a sedate, pod Rich in his place.

Jamie, you're fine-the split/$$$ stuff is a major pain. BTW, my bike is still here but we'll see for how long...

Yeah, Jason is a regular Dr. Phil. Good job J, everybody played nice, you vented your gripes (and hopefully warned a few unsuspecting bikers bout' the Little Bates Motel) and the world kept turning.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Rumor has it, there's a warmer, softer influence on the master of flame these days

Warmer, maybe. Softer? I don't think so....imagine the steel persona required to deal with him daily. :laugh:

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Hey TTRGuy, I'm back!!!!-----fell off the planet for a few days! Actually I'm right in the middle of a musical production at our local college, (I'm in the orchestra), and have 4 more performances coming up this coming Thur-Sun., so I'll probably disappear again for a few days.

Just wanted you guys to know ya done good work---this was a much more entertaining thread!

:flame:

Now if you'll excuse me, I've gotta go pack my fanny pack full of butt-wipe!:uh: :moon:

Top Bottom