What is the difference between 2005 and 2004 CR250 pipes?

Wilky

Oct 21, 2004
The difference is where the pipe meets the head. The 02- 04 pipe has a female fitting where the 05-06 is male. Maybe this is why the 02-04 CRs are lacking balls down low. :)

jrm

Apr 30, 2002
The cylinder and crankcases are completely different. The '05 has its exhaust valve housed in a canister that can be removed from the front of the cylinder, exposing the valve's workings and the exhaust port for cleaning. It's also supposed to allow for better sealing of the valve. The crankcase has been "stuffed" for more compression of the charge in the lower end and the crank has a little more mass to it. Piston uses a single ring and has a different shape for more compression. Also the '05 has a different pipe, different jetting and different settings in the electronics.

I've not ridden an '04, but have an '05. It runs very strong, especially in the mid-range and up. I had an '00, and the '05 is stronger from bottom to top. It pings a little, which can probably be fixed through jetting adjustments, but I used 50/50 race fuel mix to take care of it.

SQUIRLEYMOFO

Jun 11, 2002
Can you change the exhaust flange? and use the latter pipe? or will the latter flange not bolt on the early cylinder? if it will part #? anyone? thanks. It seems I've seen a lot 05-06 pipes cheap on that auction site.

flattie

May 19, 2005
SQUIRLEYMOFO said:
Can you change the exhaust flange? and use the latter pipe? or will the latter flange not bolt on the early cylinder? if it will part #? anyone? thanks. It seems I've seen a lot 05-06 pipes cheap on that auction site.

no they are not interchangable 04 uses a flange simialar to a cr125, 05 uses a pipe simalar to 01 and older cr250's

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom