mr_tijuana

Feb 15, 2005
I need to have a little work done, I just bought an 86' YZ250, and the thing screams! the only problem is the rear shock has no rebound, so it really kicks my butt. does anyone here in Utah know of a place to take it to have the shock overhauld. I don't want to spend a bunch of money but I also want it done right...... thanks for any advise :cool:

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
The best place in SLC for suspension is Cycle Shop (Not to be confused with Cycle House)!!!

Good service, great price.

Feb 7, 2005
I know that Cycle House can be a pain to work with at times but I know that they will work on older bikes where most shops wont touch them. They can be quick with suspension issues, motor work can be a diffrent story. Just my experiance.

mr_tijuana

Feb 15, 2005
thanks for the advise, yeah cycle shop wouldn't take a look at it, because of how old it is. I will give the cycle house a call. if any one else has some advise on this let me know, because when you have a '86 and a 89' they will need a little TLC. I can do some stuff, but never tried the monoshock......

moabdaze

Aug 12, 2004
mr_tijuana said:
thanks for the advise, yeah cycle shop wouldn't take a look at it, because of how old it is. I will give the cycle house a call. if any one else has some advise on this let me know, because when you have a '86 and a 89' they will need a little TLC. I can do some stuff, but never tried the monoshock......

Whatever you do, I would avoid Cycle House at all costs. I have seen the results of their suspension worked. KTM shock, froze up on first lap, and cracked in half. Cycle house refused to admit fault or refund money for botched repair. Those guys know just enough to make them dangerous. You might try calling South Valley Motorsports. They won't work on anything that old, but they used to refer out to a local guy that did really nice work. I wish I could remember his name, I believe he was either in North Salt Lake or maybe even as far as Woods Cross. Someone there should know. You might also try Access down in Draper. They work on some older stuff and are excellent about giving referals if it's not something they can do. If I can come up with anyone else, I'll let you know. Once again though I would stay away from Cycle House, it will cost you far more in the long run.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Agreed. Cycle House is the most crooked motorcycle shop that I know of. I know of at least 2-3 people that have been ripped off.

Feb 7, 2005
John at the cycle house has done my suspension before and has done a great job. Although I make sure that John is doing the work and the Mike has nothing to do with it ( hes the owner) Jim always takes care of me as well. I have heard tons of complaints about Mike and try to steer clear of him. If I didnt like Jim I would never go into that place. Just my .02

Top Bottom