michman

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 7, 2000
I have not seen much going on here and thought I might ask when do you guys plan on having a first ride? I will be flying home for the first weekend of April to get some riding in for a few days and depending on my schedule I might be around for the second weekend.

Thought I would just drop in to see what's going on.

Mike

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Fred,
Your suggestion of April 4,5 or 6 is looking better and better. I think the Pontiac SX is the second week of April. I think we should plan on the first week of April. If weather does not allow, switch plans to the third week (sorry michman). Please keep us up to speed on your return trips to Michigan. I am looking forward to riding together sometime this year.
Mike

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Mike

He said the first weekend in April so if it's not raining then he'll be able to hook up with us. I'll bet we have 20 riders for this first ride easy! Maybe Circuit Rider can take some video for us??? Now that my baike is back together I am looking out side every morning I get up checking snow conditions. Chris can sneak out for a quickie at M-61 in the afternoons. We will have a ride in within 2 weeks...unless we get another snow storm. Crap, one is headed for us now. :think

BTW, Mike - I can start my bike with out it being on the kick stand on flat ground like my driveway. I'll probably still crash a lot laying out Jackpine but maybe 10% less this year! 5"4" sucks! I think this suspension is going to ROCK! It felt great slammingi into bumper blocks in the parking lot across from my house..he...he..he!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Riding alone is a memory for me. I agree with the number of guys we have met on DRN, we will always have a big group. I will check with the newlywed (Circuitrider) after his wedding (Valentine's Day) and see if he is available to chase us with a camera and a cooler. If he can not make it, I know Tim and Tom Dixon are looking for a ride and their dad can help out (like TrailFest 2).

My apology to michman was if we had to postpone the ride until the third week of April.

I am excited to go riding and my bike is still in pieces.:mad:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I feel your pain brother...

I am excited to go riding and my bike is still in pieces.:mad: [/B]

Mine was apart so long I almost forgot how it went back together!!!

:scream:

Mike, once that big 'ol 300 E/xc has a fresh top end you better excercise your butt cheeks 'cause she's gonna rip and your butt may pucker. Hope your brakes are in good shape! :eek: :eek:

Last edited:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
The rear brakes are being updated also.

If the bike gets any faster, I'll have time to empty the depends and get dressed again before anybody catches up on the trail (except for Badgerman).:p

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Well...

if my cabbage patch bike is a little better this year and I get in better shape it is my hopes to limit your rest periods even more in 2002. My goal is to catch you before you have time to take your helmet off. Another goal I have is to still have lots of dust in the sir -I know I'm sucking if it's already settled!!! :scream:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Last year we rode in the snow, ice and water on the first ride. We will avoid that loop of trail this year (until June or July). The Leota trail has more sand (=less water) and should not have a lot of whoops in Apri.l

michman

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 7, 2000
I rode Leota on January 12 and 13 when in was up in the 40's and with just about an inch or two of snow on the ground. Sad to say the whoops have not gone on winter vacation. But boy it sure was fun those two days can't wait until April.

Mike

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
ready to hit the button

I t was a tough winter for repairs to the trusty 400.

Had to clean the chain, airfilter, re-install the battery. Even put air in the tires.

Ready to rock at Leota the first weekend in April. Mike, the Supercross is on the 13th.

Early prediction - KTM SWEEP:aj:

Rickshaw

dirtbike59

Sponsoring Member
Oct 12, 2000
I have already been out for the first ride of the year feb 25, 2002. Luckly I had the week off from school and nice weather i just rode out my yard to the trails down the street.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Re: ready to hit the button

Originally posted by rickshaw

Early prediction - KTM SWEEP:aj:

Rickshaw

So Rick do ya think all the KTM's will be sweep riding? :moon: Jeez, I might get lonely out front waiting for Brian to kick start his bike. Oh and Badgerman will likely be taking a nap waiting for us while Craig is cleaning the mud off his blinkers.

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
done with the women's forum?

really cute Fred. After all I've done for you in the past week with your sexist posts!

I guess those ladies really made you tough:mad:

Well, the proof's in the puddin' and I got green in the cross hairs:p

Rickshaw

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Smack talk eh?

Rick
This is what will be in your cross hairs I expect! :moon:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Hey, you guys on the west side of the state

mind putting up a big snow fence so us guys on the east side of the state can do some riding? Quit sending all that white crap our way. Sheesh - what a March! Our first ride date is in jepardy!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Fred,

I agree. I just spent the day in Gaylord for business. As I drove by Leota I had the same thought...way too much snow. I have go back in two weeks and I will give an update.

Mike

P.S. Who has that picture of Fred at the swimming hole (TF # 1)? Badgerman??? Ironman?? Maybe we should post in gallery??;) :D

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
You are cruel Mike

Originally posted by fatherandson

P.S. Who has that picture of Fred at the swimming hole (TF # 1)? Badgerman??? Ironman?? Maybe we should post in gallery??;) :D

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Mike, I sure wish us west-siders could turn off the snow, I think the switch is broke! I went to GM Wednesday - 50 and sunny there, 30 and cloudy by the time I hit Ionia. I like the west side except for this darn lake effect snow and cloudy days!

If Leota is the first week in April, I'll think of you guys while I'm sunning myself and hitting little white balls at Hilton Head SC. I'll be there the first week in April. I'll be really ready to ride after that! I'm trying to think of a way to get my bike there. I always fantacized about ripping a big knobby swath down the middle of a fairway.

Loctite

Jun 1, 2001
Hello all from Cadillac - Most of the snow up here is gone with the rain we are having. I have the swimin' hole pic of Fred - going to the highest bidder! We have a few guys from work that live in the Leota area and can keep us informed on the conditions for the April ride. (Just bought a new snowmobile, so I was sad to see the snow go) By April I will be ready to get back on two wheels.

Craig

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom