rwhitlock

Dec 11, 2002
I am looking for some different riding.. I usually end up riding up in the mountains - dirt roads. Looking for some single track stuff where the 'fish cops' won't bother me.

My bike does not have a spark arrestor on it.

Any organized rides? Or a group of guys getting together?

-- Rod

KenR

Feb 20, 2002
PLEASE....stay out of the mountains unless you have a spark arrestor.

All the mountain areas are super dry right now. A spark from your bike could destroy miles of great riding areas for all of us.

The 32,000 + acre Bulldog Fire in south-central part of the state was caused by sparks from an ATV with no SA. Those 32,000 acres will likely be completely off limits to us for years to come (not that it would be much fun riding through a burn area anyway).

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just don't want the riding community to lose any more valuable land. We lose enough to environmentalists as it is.

An FMF Turbine Core II silencer has a spark arrestor built in for about 140 bucks. A Sparky bolts right to your existing silencer for about 60 bucks. Put a spark arrestor on and a lot of us that hang out here can dial you in on miles of the greatest single track in the world, right in our own backyard.

Top Bottom